minnescoota.com Forum Index
Author Message
<  Events  ~  Tuesday Night Ride, Year 2
Tom Lindsay
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:14 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 18 Jun 2005
Posts: 704
Location: Longfellow, Minneapolis

Sounds good. I'm pretty sure I'll be there. If it's cold I'll be plugged in.

_________________
Just say hello to dmarquis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Matty
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:24 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 1323
Location: MPLS

Kevin K wrote:

I could probably show up, but I'd be on the K.
-K


K1??

_________________
-Matt
-++-you can't spell jackass with out JKSC-++-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
mnscootergal
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:09 pm  Reply with quote
Noob


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 10

So where is the meeting place after coming across the Smith Ave bridge? I am fairly directionally challenged so assume if a wrong turn can be made I'll make it.

_________________
Christine
2006 Grey Vino 125
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
433
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:33 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 03 May 2005
Posts: 702
Location: Minneapolis

mnscootergal wrote:
So where is the meeting place after coming across the Smith Ave bridge? I am fairly directionally challenged so assume if a wrong turn can be made I'll make it.


The easiest would probably be to drive down 7th to Mississippi River Blvd where you turn north, the lot is about 3 minutes up on the left.

_________________
jfs/433
Super Secret Elite Scooter Club (membership: 1)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
dmarquis
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:19 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 28 Jun 2005
Posts: 812
Location: St. Paul MN USA

Great ride! Hey, Kevin, can I get a copy of the movie playing at Betty's?

Dave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
nate
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:59 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 587
Location: Best Saint Paul

No offense, but you minneapolitains shouldn't be giving directions around the old Saint P. For one, West 7th doesn't directly intersect Mississippi river boulevard- you have to turn south onto davern, and then turn a left on Shepard, which then crosses 7th and BECOMES Mississippi River Boulevard. It's also hella out of the way.

Taking 7th past Davern dumps you right onto 5 on the way to the airport, which isn't much place for scooters.

Coming across The Smith Avenue Bridge (AKA The high bridge), you'd simply continue straight on Smith to the Grand intersection. Take a left on Grand, stay in the right hand lane, and go straight up the hill. Take a left at the stopsign at the top, and keep going until you run out of road. Take a quick left/right to get into the parking lot.

Sorry I wasn't around to give directions earlier.

_________________
I like scooters!
Yours is the neatest!


Lev. 15:17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kevin K
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:01 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 783
Location: Brooklyn Park

Matty wrote:
Kevin K wrote:

I could probably show up, but I'd be on the K.
-K


K1??

Sadly, no. It's an '88 K100RS, which is my daily driver (when it's not snowing!) and Rally bike. You can't miss her with the fuel cell mounted on back and those big Hella driving lights. It was really fun riding tonight behind all the scooters. You guys sure attract some attention! Although I approve beeping the horns at the young ladies strolling along the river walkway, who the hell was honking at the 80 year old lady? Perv!!!
-K

_________________
Oh yes I did
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
Kevin K
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:05 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 783
Location: Brooklyn Park

dmarquis wrote:
Great ride! Hey, Kevin, can I get a copy of the movie playing at Betty's?

Dave

Ask Betty's. It's always there in the DVD player. I believe it's called Sporting Scooters. I think everyone involved with planning the Rally needs to view this DVD. I think some of the "field events" MUST be incorporated into the gymkhana..... <wringing hands>
-K

No Silverwings were hurt in the making of this post.

_________________
Oh yes I did
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
Kevin K
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:09 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 783
Location: Brooklyn Park

Why does this remind me of Jeremy riding home tonight with his bag of White Castles?
-K

_________________
Oh yes I did
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
dmarquis
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:32 am  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 28 Jun 2005
Posts: 812
Location: St. Paul MN USA

Ya there is something just wrong with grey meat.... :-) I bet he has the first non-dino powered scooter this morning....

Dave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
433
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:43 am  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 03 May 2005
Posts: 702
Location: Minneapolis

nate wrote:
No offense, but you minneapolitains shouldn't be giving directions around the old Saint P. For one, West 7th doesn't directly intersect Mississippi river boulevard- you have to turn south onto davern, and then turn a left on Shepard, which then crosses 7th and BECOMES Mississippi River Boulevard. It's also hella out of the way.

Taking 7th past Davern dumps you right onto 5 on the way to the airport, which isn't much place for scooters.


Duh, you're right. I skipped the whole "turn right on Randolph" thing.

Quote:
Coming across The Smith Avenue Bridge (AKA The high bridge), you'd simply continue straight on Smith to the Grand intersection. Take a left on Grand, stay in the right hand lane, and go straight up the hill. Take a left at the stopsign at the top, and keep going until you run out of road. Take a quick left/right to get into the parking lot.


I would have given those diections, but she's on a Vino, which, according to personal experience, don't get up the Grand Hill.

_________________
jfs/433
Super Secret Elite Scooter Club (membership: 1)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Matty
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:21 am  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 1323
Location: MPLS

Kevin K wrote:
Sadly, no. It's an '88 K100RS, which is my daily driver (when it's not snowing!) and Rally bike. You can't miss her with the fuel cell mounted on back and those big Hella driving lights.
-K


I did see you guys on my way home at University. I waived only Kevin nodded.... The K looked a little out of place in that pack.

_________________
-Matt
-++-you can't spell jackass with out JKSC-++-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
Matty
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:22 am  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 1323
Location: MPLS

nate wrote:
Taking 7th past Davern dumps you right onto 5 on the way to the airport, which isn't much place for scooters.


Chris and I did that once, it was awesome, until he seized a few minutes later...

_________________
-Matt
-++-you can't spell jackass with out JKSC-++-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
jsyx
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:29 am  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 03 May 2005
Posts: 307
Location: MPLS.

Quote:
Taking 7th past Davern dumps you right onto 5 on the way to the airport, which isn't much place for scooters.

i did that last year before the sunday ride at the rally due to bad directions from a friend...
not so fun.
(but maybe a little... i got a few looks)

_________________
-josh
B.O.Y./S.C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Kevin K
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:25 am  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 783
Location: Brooklyn Park

Matty wrote:
I did see you guys on my way home at University. I waived only Kevin nodded...

Your read this forum but haven't yet figured out that Stella riders DON'T WAVE BACK?! <G>

What were you riding?
-K

_________________
Oh yes I did
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT - 6 Hours

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
minnescoota.com Forum Index  ~  Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB and NoseBleed v1.09