minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  So who rode this weekend?
Brad
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:09 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

I thought that it was going to be a crappy weekend and ended up filling up the Bajaj three times this weekend!

Saturday, I road with the Maxi's. A fun crowd - they're into long rides, bar lunch, ice cream and root beer. The Chetak spent most of the day at full throttle (50-58 mph). I'm developing a new respect for Bajaj - not the fastest, but tough as *&*&^&%*

Sunday and Monday was great also. On Sunday, I knocked around Centerville and up toward Anoka, Monday I took the scooter shopping.

Now that I've put on some major mileage, I'm thinking about what other long-distance rides I can do. St. Cloud, Lake Mille Lacs, Taylor's Falls, Wisconsin?

Scooter season has arrived!

Brad

Last edited by Brad on Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:26 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

We actually only rode yesterday. We took a variation of the SD5 Saturday route up to my parents' house, then to the big theater in Mounds View and saw a couple movies, then took a curvy route through Roseville back home to SE Minneapolis.

Tuesday Ride tonight!
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Adam
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:53 am  Reply with quote
Permit

Rode my Suzuki Burgman 650 on the Saturday ride with Minn-Max with my wife, Phyllis, on the pillion. Despite the somewhat dreary weather, it was a fun time.

Monday also found be out on the road, this time on my Bajaj Chetak while Phyllis rode her Honda Reflex. We did a 70 mile circuit to Excelsior, Waconia, East Union, Chaska, Chanhassen, then home to Minnetonka. Longest single trip for me on the Chetak and it was a blast. To me Monday's weather was perfect for riding.

Rode the Chetak downtown to work today and am looking forward to joining the Tuesday night ride tonight.
Jo
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:04 pm  Reply with quote
Permit

Oh yeaaaaaah! A nice trip around one end of Lake Mtka on the People late in the day Monday. The Primavera and I are still getting to know each other so I don't take her much further than I would be able to push her home. (Not that I've had to do that yet.)

Quick question: is there supposed to be a bracket of some sort for the license plate on the Primavera? The holes in the scoot and the holes in the plate don't line up. I have a piece of coat hanger doing the job right now but am a little worried it might rattle its way off. Anyone know if there's such a thing and where I might be able to get my hands on one? I couldn't find anything in any of the online catalogs... might anyone have one in a pile of scooterparts that they'd be willing to sell to me? If not, I'll just twist that wire a little tighter! Or punch some holes in the license plate... yippee, options!

Hm... I guess that wasn't so quick after all.
Matty
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:12 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Jo wrote:
Or punch some holes in the license plate... yippee, options!

Yeah just drill the plate.
Derrick
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:17 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I went to Champion Auto and bought a plastic boat trailer license plate holder for a couple bucks. Then I cut it up and drilled it so it would fit the existing bike holes and be hidden behind the plate. Easy to do if you have a bench grinder and a drill. Won't scratch your paint or rust. Looks great.
nate
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:28 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Or you could slap on some Velcro. Instant removable license plate.

Makes it awfully hard to prove that all those tickets you got downtown were yours. Unless MSP cops are really agressive about towing bikes.

Lev. 15:17
MnHooligan
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:07 am  Reply with quote
Noob

My boy Benny rode over to my place from St. Paul, then we both rode to a BBQ, some hippies and Bike Messengers were there so we didn't stay long. We then rode to Triple Rock had a couple Newcastles then rode home.
It was fuckin' brilliant.
My Pal Foot Foot
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:55 pm  Reply with quote
Permit

I just read something about the cops getting really agressive in NY for people who use hook and loop tape for their license plate when they park! They are towing the bike and calling them abandoned vehicles!! So be careful if you do that!!! I haven't heard of people doing this in MPLS of STP.
The cops around the U do have a bug in their bonnet, about riding 2 up on scoots titled with moped plates/
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:47 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

My Pal Foot Foot wrote:
The cops around the U do have a bug in their bonnet, about riding 2 up on scoots titled with moped plates/

The way I heard it, they pull you over if you're carrying a passenger on a 50cc scoot w/o footpegs.

View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger