minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  The Rally  ~  Saturday Faster Route
Matty
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:20 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

This is ver. 2.4 and is subject to change. Starting at Yarrusso and ending at Scooterville. 65 miles.

http://www.velocegraphic.com/du6route.htm
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:46 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

So I noticed that the faster ride has us eating out on the route as opposed to back at Scooterville. How will we know how much food to buy for the Scooterville-eating group? Will the rally cost go towards the food for the laster ride participants, or will we be responsible for that ourselves?
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Matty
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:06 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

read my other post, we *may* make it back for a cook out. But if we stop somewhere you'll be on your own, we aren't made of money!

-Matt
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:28 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Well, yes, I only ask because of the precedent set in the past - the rally money covers, among other things, the cookout at Scooterville. Because if that's not going to be the case for ~1/2 the riders, they should be told that sooner rather than later. I mean, has a restaurant capable of handling up to 100 riders been scouted? What's the price range? What about vegetarian options?

I'm not trying to make you do more work, I'm just bringing up potential problems so they can be dealt with now vs. during the rally.
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:30 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Matty wrote:
read my other post, we *may* make it back for a cook out.

What other post?
Matty
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:07 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Being a registered rally attendee got you the meal at Scooterville not the fee, Scooterville sponsors the cook-out and Bob does what ever he wants, if he wanted to charge $2 a person he's free to do so, not the rally planners. We'll probably pay for breakfast on Saturday, but don't quote me on that. I do know what to look for and yes we've scouted it out, there is more than one option available, but like I said we may make it back. We've done this and the past and it's not a big deal. If people are expecting a free meal then they are idiots, everything will be laid out in the itinerary when they register. I don't know which post I said probably in the dj posts. If you want to get involved please feel free to come to the meetings.

The most important thing to keep in mind is
** please note: all times and places are subject to change, check back often! **

-Matt
Jeff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:34 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I like the breakfast idea.

The cookout is nice but the timing for a meal is kinda wierd, coming in the middle of the afternoon like that. I'd like a nice beefy brunch and then some snacks and brewskies midday and a more substantial meal later on.
Egan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:39 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Aww pack a lunch.
Just kidding. I think if people eat a fair amount for breakfast then go on a coupla hour ride with a stop for beverages/food. Then head back to Scooterville I'm sure we won't have any starving riders. Afton has a few places to eat and at least one is a pretty good size tavern/bar like thing. We can/would call to give them a heads up that we're coming. Just a point to consider also is with the faster ride there will likely be less in number, no?

Last edited by Egan on Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:33 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Matty wrote:
Being a registered rally attendee got you the meal at Scooterville not the fee, Scooterville sponsors the cook-out and Bob does what ever he wants, if he wanted to charge $2 a person he's free to do so, not the rally planners.

See, look at that, I never knew that! I guess I never read the materials that closely (being someone who runs a 2000+ person convention every year, I do my share of complaining about people who don't read the materials we give them!)

Matty wrote:
If you want to get involved please feel free to come to the meetings.

You got it! Like I asked you when I saw you last week, when's the next one?
Matty
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:32 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

We don't say exactly where your $10 goes but I think you get your money's worth, esp. last year with a patch and all!

I'll post the next meeting when we figure out a time.. When is the rescheduled shuttle launch?

-Matt
nate
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:44 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

C'mon, if the ride is only 64 miles and we're doing it with 'fast bikes', we should be done in less than 90 minutes, right?

If we do it in 3 hours, what's the point of limiting it? Afton by 11:45, back on the bikes by 12:30, scooterville by 1:15! Perfect.
Jeff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:49 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

The limiting factor on the start time is how much beer was consumed the night before. Have we ever even started a ride before 1130? If we did I was too hung over to remember it...
Matty
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:53 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Uhh Nate you're forgeting it's essentially herding cats....

It'll take more than 2 hours easy, don't forget a gas stop too...

-matt
nate
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:56 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

It's only 65 flippin' miles! We get 80 mpg! Show up with a gallon in your tank and we're good to go!

My cat can run faster than these scooters.
Matty
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:59 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

What are you talking about I get like 45! Dude don't make me quit!

-Matt