minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  Classifieds  ~  NSR Kenmore Window AC unit
Derrick
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:34 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Very cool tag line Jamie - how is it running anyway?

I think it's time for the 12 volt upgrade! (If you have not done it already)
Egan
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:47 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Uriah, if this about that putty colored "lambretta" I'd stay away as it is a Siambretta (kinda the redheaded step-scooter). You could do better.

LOREMipsum
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:39 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I almost had Special spelled out before I saw the 255 character limit on the signatures. Doh.

The scoot is running well. I did roughly 40 miles on it nonstop on Saturday without a hitch. First start this season happened on the third kick and rarely do I go beyond two kicks to get it going. The power has improved greatly and can easily cruise at 40-45 mph when necessary. I don't ride it nearly enough but it's been very reliable when I do.

I do still have all the electrical issues and random bits that I need to get for it. It could use the proper carb bellows, a new choke cable elbow, and it's missing the rain guard under the footboards. I still want to put the 12V kit in it but I'm not sure when that will be so I have two batteries mounted in the thing with a toggle switch to go between them. I may get to it yet this summer but most likely it will be done over the winter. If I try to do it myself, how much do you charge for phone support?
UriahB
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:56 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Naw this is another bike. turns out the keys to figuring out it was an SX was that it was an 8 series number and started with SX. I found some more visual clues but alas am working without a picture. Just have to see if the deal goes through now.
LOREMipsum
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:51 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

www.lambretta.org

I don't know if you are signed up at the Lambretta Club USA site but there are several folks there that can confirm a genuine, all original SX through a few photos and a little bit of info. You may want to check in with them before you put any money down. It may save you a few bucks and a little grief.