minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  Events  ~  Sunday Evening Ride
navydave
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:49 pm  Reply with quote
Training

Hello folks
there are a few who cant do weekday nites so tryin to set up a sunday evening ride.I have a route figured out. tho the speed is faster. its rural areas. could see deer, turkey, ocassional skunks(since I almost got sprayed the other nite), cornfields,etc. where to meet...there is a coffee shop at the corner of Cahill and Concord. in Inver Grove Heights. How to get there from St.Paul. Well go downtown and go accross the River using the Wabasha Bridge. It turns into Cesar Chavez Blvd. Stay on it and it becomes Concord Blvd. and Stay on concord all the way to Cahill. when you go under 494 it will be about 5 miles to Cahill. the distance from the TNR meeting place is about 17 miles. So those of you who like a nice long ride their you go. Meet at Carabou Coffee at around 6:30pm leave about 7pm
Dave
UriahB
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:40 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

You might not get a lot of takers since there is already a ride that goes on some Sunday afternoons.
yoyo65
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:00 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

darn, Sunday nights would usually work for my friend and I , but our scoots don't go fast enough for that route.

(got my eye on another scoot though! Just gotta figure out how I can afford it)

navydave
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:09 pm  Reply with quote
Training

I understand about the afternoon ride but this is for those who cant make that one..like me due to work. Don't worry about the speed thing either there are different roads where speed isn't a problem. I found a couple more roads that were cool too today.
Dave
Dynauld
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:50 am  Reply with quote
Training

I'm kind of new to the scene and all, but for next season I think we need to pull together a little php calendar application that allows forum subscribers post calendar events so that we all know where and when rides are going to happen.

I'd be happy to help with this, as we run one on a site that is silimiar to this site.

Just a thought.

Jeff

UriahB
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:01 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

I think google calendars has some shared functionality.
navydave
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:31 am  Reply with quote
Training

A calender would rock. tho I need to learn how to set one up. since it rained Sunday. we went for a ride to Hastings yesterday. I found a Highway that doesn't have alot of traffic on it that runs east/west (hwy. 46) and seen alot of county sheriffs on it so you better not want to speed on it. Also found a really sweet park with pavilion and Bathrooms, and nice walking/hiking trails along the river. we ended up at the American legion for lunch and a beer. they have a very nice patio overlooking the river and Damn. The park is called Spring Lake Park. thinking it would be a good place to scoot to for a picnic. Already figured out how to get the food/beverages there got a volunteer to haul it there
Dave