minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  A Qualified Mea Culpa
Gary Charpentier
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:44 pm  Reply with quote
Training

Hello again, Minnescooterists,

I met Bob from Scooterville yesterday, at the CW Show. Nice guy.

But let's get to the point. I acted like an Ass last Winter, in my communications with you, and for that, I apologize. I spent some time going over that exchange, and I cringed. It must have been the brand of anti-freeze I was using...

I've checked back, from time to time, and I see that the very same Black Stella Sidecar guy who I originally derided for not waving at me is now riding in weather that I am not. Kudos for that.

It turns out that the 250cc Baron SX scooter I currently own is almost unmanageable in icy conditions, due to the increased torque and drivetrain inertia. You cannot flat-track this scooter through an icy corner. Once you spin-up the CVT drivetrain, it wants to keep on spinning, and braking it only sets up a high-side.

So, this is the apology you have been waiting for, on record. I don't like the feeling that every time I pass a fellow scooterist, they may be someone who hates me, based on that limited exchange of email animosity.

Originally, I dismissed scooters as a means to an end. Now I recognize them as a superior solution to the urban commuter dilemma.

I will leave you with my well-ridiculed signature...

Ride well,
=gc=