minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  The Rally  ~  Anyone to lead a city ride on Saturday for the rally?
Matty
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:32 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

For those who can't, or don't want to go 45mph, we really need someone to lead a ride. I can do a route just need someone to lead, and possibly blockers too.

Egan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:10 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Someone who really wants to be a hero should take this on. WE need more of YOU out there to help! This lack of cooperation is why this is very likely the LAST Skooter Du. The few people already helping are commiting a ton of time and energy so many people can come and have a fun time. If you come to this site and post or even just lurk it is time to put up or shut up.
I offered to help because last year was a blast and felt I owed it to all the people who organized and helped. This community is valuable and diverse.
If are'nt helping in some way, you can't gripe about this not happening next year.

Sincerly The Rev. Egan
Lisa
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:55 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Thanks Rev. Egan.

I'd just like to add one thing...participating in the planning is FUN (at least for those of us who haven't done it year after year after year) and a good way to get to know your fellow scooterists.

Leading the city ride (esp. if Matty is good enough to put it together) would be easy! The prep time invloves riding it a few times so that you know where you're going and being aware of where any trouble spots might be. I'm sure Matt would be happy to share the fine points of leading a ride.

I remember seeing a lot of smaller bikes last year - I know a few of you got bigger ones, but where is everybody else?

Whether there's a city ride or not, I hope that all of you attending remember to offer a big thank you to Matt for putting so much into this for the last six years.
LOREMipsum
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:20 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

I wouldn't mind leading the ride. I'm not quite comfortable taking the freshly rebuilt lammy out on the big ride. My only issues are a.) i'm supposed to do the cooking, and b.) i've never led a ride before.

There was some talk of an outside source handling the cooking. If that is so I'd lead the ride.
Brooke
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:04 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Matty wrote:
For those who can't, or don't want to go 45mph, we really need someone to lead a ride. I can do a route just need someone to lead, and possibly blockers too.

I'll do it if Bob will loan me a super fast kymco Filly or an E-Go, Matt supplies me with a pint of vodka and a 6 pack of red bull for the ride, and John fashions a sippy cup holder out of zip ties and scrap metal. I know a sweet route the starts at the Deuce Deuce and ends up at Nye's. It could also be run in reverse, assuming there's not too much construction. Bring dollar bills, a taste for good martinis and bail money.
Derrick
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:55 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Dude! That sounds like more fun then the fast ride!
Brooke
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:26 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Derrick wrote:
Dude! That sounds like more fun then the fast ride!

Ya, it would be fun. I'm still not 100% that I'm going to be able to be back, but NE Mpls strip club run would be incentive. not really, but it's fun to say.
Egan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:49 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

boy oh boy that is a hot club that double duece. Its like a rec-room with dirty cousins dancing drunk for uncle Bobo.
Brooke
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:59 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Egan wrote:
boy oh boy that is a hot club that double duece. Its like a rec-room with dirty cousins dancing drunk for uncle Bobo.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

You're right though, BJ's is a much more classy joint!
Egan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:39 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Red velvet trumps mirror and neon any day.
John B.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:35 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Brooke your sippy holder will be ready when you arrive I may even put a small water pump in line, so imagine this, push button drink delivery! now will you come?
Derrick
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:41 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Brooke, you should come and just hangout with me. We can du the slow ride ourselves and then laugh at the rally goers!
scootervillain
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:31 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Brooke-
How 'bout a TGB delivery scooter. Should have a demo around at that time.
Jamie-
You can get off KP if you want to lead or help out on the urban ride. We'll get some other vols to flip burgers. Job's still yours if you want it, though.

BOB
LOREMipsum
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:25 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

If you have enough folks experienced with group rides to lead then I will bow out. I just don't want the town ride to not happen because of lack of volunteers.

How about a more definitive answer? I'll help/block (if Brooke can make it) or lead (if he can't) and I can help cook when we roll in.

I'm a bit of a wallflower when it comes to interacting at big events like this so the burger flipping bit kind of forces me to get to know the peoples.