minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  dove time
morgan
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:54 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

i've been catching up reading all the posts from the past week or so, i'm sad that there's so much bad ju ju about the du going on from what (if you reread ALL the related posts) seems to mostly stem from miscommunication and the relative crudeness of a bbs for complex discussions.

one thing in particular seems to have stuck in a few people's craws is the issue of "offering to help but being ignored". if you read the original post for jobs in the "du" forum, it may be a bit unclear, but i think it was just meant to be the "sign-up sheet" and not a "conversational" thread. it suggests that you post there, and then you're on the list. done. from what i read, i wouldn't expect to get a reply, i'd just wait for word of when meetings would be.

it's easy to see why that could've been missed, so maybe the first post could have been a bit more clear. but it's also easy to see why planning committee peeps would not feel the need to respond to every post offering help. both sides have a point, but it wasn't cause for people getting pissed off.

the whole "is the rally too big" thing is also not worth the stew it's caused. the du is what it is. start something else if you want to do something different, there's no need to critizise EITHER ONE.

anyone who has been to both kinds could do a long list of pros AND cons for both in-town, big, "corporate" rallies AND big, back woods, camping rallies. they're just DIFFERENT.

i'm just trying to say, i can see both sides from where i sit, and there isn't that much to fight about.

maybe we could all just play nice and have fun?
OR, if you prefer to NOT play nice and have bad, dirty, fun, then do so but don't bug the people who have chosen to play nice. it's just scooters, folks, and it's still a free country mostly-at-least-for-now.

and ALL of you who i've met seem like cool, smart, fun people. let's enjoy each other's company and the little scoots that bring us together.

i guess that's a little squishy...

i'm going for a ride...

Last edited by morgan on Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
morgan
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:25 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

...i've just edited my post again. that's 3 times since i first posted it.

i gotta learn to edit before i post.

my apologies for any confusing nonsense due to my inability to proofread.

it reads ok now...
Matty
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:58 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Thanks Morgan, obviously I couldn't have said it better myself!

Yes that post was to be a sign up sheet not a discussion. And all the posts about questioning the "what and why" we are doing things the way we are doesn't help this rally one bit, well it helped cause lots of arguing which is what the internet was invented for..

Hopefully we can forget about this and have a great rally, and then find something new to fight over...

scootervillain
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:47 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

We're spreading the word about the rally all the time and getting calls and questions daily. No one ever mentions the piss wars. Not a big deal.