minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  Slow ride participation
kennylibido
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:11 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

The Du is two weeks away - there's still time for something to develop. I'm very happy to lead the slow ride and will just have to make some executive decisions if nothing shakes out. I assume that the slow ride is critical to this operation in that some folks simply won't be able to go on the big ride due to speed issues, correct?

I'll commit to the slow ride lead - I imagine I'll need a few blockers though. Any best guesses about how many scooters might go on the slow ride? I suppose if folks know they can't go the speed, they could post here to let me kinda know what to expect.

So:

1. Who's willing to block?
2. Who's going slow on Saturday?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:32 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Cool, thank you. I believe Matt has a route that dovetailed nicely with the Afton ride - everyone leaving at once, splitting off a bit down the road, and the getting back to Scooterville at about the same time.

He'll be back on Monday or Tuesday.
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
LOREMipsum
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:01 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Thanks for taking over the lead Joe. I've never commanded a ride and a rally isn't exactly the best place to start.

I'd be happy to block. My 285 lb. ass and white scoot should catch the attention of the Hummer drivers. Or at least put a decent dent in the front fender...
TomR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:35 pm  Reply with quote
Training

Joe,
I have 2 or 3 of those lime green construction safety vests that blockers can wear. I'll also volunteer my evil ass as a blocker on the slow ride, although I do not think that I can make a slow ride practice run if it is this Sat.
Mojo, did you post earlier that you were going to try to get the Maxi-Scooters involved in blocking or route planning for the slow ride, and maybe another slow ride on Sunday? What is happening there? Are you going to block on the slow ride?
What is the speculation on participation in the slow ride? 10 riders? 35 riders?
Is the support vehicle for the fast ride going to be available (via cell phone) to pick up stranded scoots on the slow ride?
Tom
Mojo Willy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:46 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

HI, Guys, THANKS for the clear and good input. I'm definitely on schedule for the DU.

HERE'S WHAT I KNOW

1) Let's not count on the Minn-Maxers for ANY organizational/work task whatsoever (*as a group). I talked to them and some will be here and will ride, but, by-and-large, many of them feel "poked in the eye" by some members of the Regulars. I optimistically over-estimated both the connection and the desire to get along.

2) My glitch. I'm leaving town TOMORROW and will be gone until late TUE night. After that I'm good to go. I'll try to watch the board while on the road.

3) While I won't be here Saturday for a practice ride, please sign me up for blocking for either ride, registration help, cooking and/or clean-up of the meal. I can also do any required set-up Thur-Fri.

MEANWHILE, ride safe, stay off them frickin' freeways, and be of good cheer!

Strength to your throttle arm!

Mojo Willy
scootervillain
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:05 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

How's this for a wild idea. Read your posts before you send them, lest you poke someone in the eye. No one person speaks for this group as a whole.
Live and let ride.
Derrick
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:07 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Oh Bob!

You know it's no fun unless...
Lisa
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:22 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Hey Derrick! I've missed you. Are you going to throw stuff at us at the rally as promised? It would be great to see you.
Lisa
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:24 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Hey Derrick! I've missed you. Are you going to throw stuff at us at the rally as promised? It would be great to see you.
dmarquis
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:34 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Someone has to throw steaks at riders as they go by......We could award points to knockdowns....

Dave