minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  Events  ~  Anyone going to slaughterhouse?
Jeff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:16 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I'm thinking about it. Labor Day weekend in Chicago? You could do a lot worse.

http://scoot.net/calendar/SlaughterHouse11:UnderNewManagement
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:33 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Looks like fun. I'm usually in town for LD, for my mom's church auction, but I might be interested (esp. if the weather forecast holds up for this weekend...grr).
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lisa
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:24 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

I want to go but can't. Have lots of extra fun for me. I'd be totally up for something later sept./oct. though (small window but I can hope).
kennylibido
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:48 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I'm going.
Jeff
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:14 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

No fair, your already there!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:37 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Date: Sep. 1st,2005 - Sep. 5th,2006
SlaughterHouse 11: Under New Management

* chicago, IL
Thursday Night

The los corazones negros scooter club are going to “Break the Seal” at the
Liars Club (1665 W Fullerton Ave). Music provided by DJ Beeb. Free Beer for rally attendants.

Friday

Spend the day taking in the sights of Chicago, go to Navy Pier, ride the Ferris wheel, get a Chicago Dawg, go to the Hancock Building and view Chicago from the top floor while sipping an overpriced drink.
8P.M.
Registration starts at the Horseshoe (4115 N. Lincoln Ave.,). Kitchen has some of the best BBQ in the city. Listen to the sweet sounds of DJ Grover (from Cincinnati) and the VaVa A GoGo troupe. Come early to get prime parking.
Poker Ride around Chicago hosted by Busted Flush Social Club. If you still haven’t had enough head over to the Exit (1315 W. North Ave) open ‘til 4 A.M.

Saturday

10A.M. –Noon
Head over to Casa de Quinton (3415 Lyndale) where 22LSC will be cooking up breakfast and serving coffee.

Ride will leave at noon from Casa de Quinton. Take a ride on the Boulevards into Chinatown where we’ll take a short stop and shop. Buy your loved one a bubble tea or a throwing star depending on your mood. After the break we’ll head up to Scooterworks USA to have a BBQ brought to you by the fine folks at Scooterworks. Afterwards, head home and take a rest for the night’s festivities.

8 P.M. – Ride to the Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia) where we will be partying the rest of the night. Dance to the rock and roll sounds of The Danger, and win lots of raffle prizes.

Sunday

11 A.M. -3 P.M. SWAP MEET and Scooter Games
Come out to Cook County Forest Preserve and bring your extra scooter parts for a swap meet. Try your luck at the Scooter gymkhana for prizes and free beer.

Sunday night head to Memories (4358 N Cicero Ave) to see some punk rock with The Road Crew, The Tradesmen (Erie, PA), and Squared Off. (show starts at 9)

Rally cost: $10 for rally bag, patch, BBQ, and all the entertainment.
Rob at 815-243-2140

for info contact: 815-243-2140
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:57 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Well, if anyone* is going to Slaughterhouse and has space for another person and scooter, please let me know. I will, of course, split gas etc. costs.

Jeremy #433

* Except you, bucko.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:14 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

That was a fun roller coaster.

First I had a possible ride and a place to stay.
Then I had no ride, but a place to stay.
Then I had a ride and a place to stay.
Then I had a ride, but no place to stay.
Then I had a ride and a place to stay.
Now I have no ride, but a place to stay.

Fuck.

I was really looking forward to this, and after every setback I ended up being able to get back on my feet, but now...I'm just done. This is really fucking depressing.

I wanted to ride to Navy Pier, and to to the top of the Sears Tower, and see Scooterworks, and eat at all these places my friends were telling me about, and...shit. I fell like shit now.
Lisa
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:23 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Do you have a trailer hitch? You can use my trailer if you do, although it needs a little repair work. Then, you could even take a friend and another scooter.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:24 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

No, I have a 4-cylinder Saturn. Not the best idea for towing stuff.

Thanks, though.
Lisa
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:50 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I had a hitch on my beetle. The car was totalled before I ever used it though. If by some luck you happen upon a vehicle that will work, let me know.
kennylibido
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:01 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Hey Jeremy,

I don't know what the expense of this thought entails, but...

Check to see if you can rent a small pickup, cargo van or a box truck and strap your bike in and haul it with you. I assume you can get daily rental and unlimited mileage.

It's about $353 to rent from noon on the 2nd to 4:00 pm on the 5th at Enterprise for a pickup truck. That's steep but I guess it depends on how bad you want to go.

Also, I'm not sure how big a boondoggle it would be to rent a car with a hitch and use Lisa's trailer. You could even consider renting a hitch for your Saturn. Trailing a two wheel trailer with a 300# scooter would be challenging but I don't think it can't be done if you just take it slow and steady.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:32 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Thanks, but I'm resigned to not going. I can use the girlfriendless weekend to finish decoing the scoot for the Atomic Bombshells' photo shoot next week.

I had hoped to keep this a cheap weekend, what with a free place to stay and sharing gas money down.

Maybe next year.
GP Kevo
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:30 pm  Reply with quote
Permit

Dude, if you want to go to the rally so bad, ride there. Yes, that's right, you have a brand new Stella, so buy a liter or two of 2 stroke oil, load up your scooter, and hit the road. What's the problem?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:56 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I thought about that, but I decided that I am nowhere near as skilled at roadside repair as one should be to undertake such an endeavor solo.