minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  Hey 433, Slaughterhouse 11 patch
kennylibido
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:44 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Hey Jeremy,

I have a Slaughterhouse 11 patch for you if you buy me a beer the next time I see you. Interested?
jsyx
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:10 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

awwwww. that's sweet.
nice to see a little love...

Lisa
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

How about some details?
kennylibido
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:32 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Well...

I'm about the last guy to ask. Rochelle and I showed for the Saturday breakfast, ride and cookout at Scooterworks.

We showed up at Casa de Quinton at about 10:15 am and figured it was a six trick pony because there were two other scooters parked out front. Keep in mind that Rochelle and I are in our 40s and have little experience outside the box and lack imagination. It took us a while to figure out that folks were still layed up from the night before.

The breakfast pretty much rocked. The Chicago crew are great, welcoming folk. A full crew of forty to fifty bikes staged over the next two and a half hours. There were the usual assortment of scooters including a couple of rockin' Stellas with Saddle and Buddy seats, three georgous small cc motorcycles, and several twist and go products. I do have to admit that I absolutely loved the look of these girls and guys pretty much like I love the look of the Minneapolis crew. Breath taking. No blue haired dudes, though, Jeremy.

We left for the ride around 12:30. I had anticipated a relatively harrowing ride considering the Chicago traffic zeitgeist but it was, strangely, much less challenging. I think Chicago drivers are much more in tune with delays and act more patiently jaded when blocked. I did some ad hoc blocking when required. Tooling through China Town was the usual bliss as folks watched with wonder as we showed up. We spent 45 minutes there banging around before hitting Lower Wacker drive and heading up Clark. Clark is a huge mess for traffic on any day much less Saturday. Blocking was pretty much a status quo issue - blocking on the Sunday Scooter Du ride was much more challenging.

We arrived at Scooterworks and fed on Burgers and dogs.

Rochelle and I left after about an hour.

You should check other sites to see photos as we were just tourists.

I do know that I was hoping to see other Mineapolites and didn't except for Jimmy who said he was still recovering from the night before whe we saw him Saturday morning.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:59 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Hey, thanks! I'll buy you a Stella (Artois)!
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger