minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  Events  ~  scooter ride
zumaboy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:13 pm  Reply with quote
Noob

sunday sept 18th at bobs java hut at 2651 lyndale ave south minneapolis ride leaves 400 pm
Grant
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:07 pm  Reply with quote
Training

zumaboy wrote:
sunday sept 18th at bobs java hut at 2651 lyndale ave south minneapolis ride leaves 400 pm

Not that I want to discourage anyone from taking the initiative to organize rides, but...

That is the same day (and close to the time – 2:00 pm) of the long standing 1st and 3rd of the month Sunday Pizza Luce` meet/ride. Feel free to stop by to check it out if you haven’t before.

Obviously you are free to do your own thing if you want, but you may have a hard time drumming up participation on that day and time.

Grant
Justin242
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:53 am  Reply with quote
Training

Grant wrote:

That is the same day (and close to the time – 2:00 pm) of the long standing 1st and 3rd of the month Sunday Pizza Luce` meet/ride. Feel free to stop by to check it out if you haven’t before.

I thought the sunday Luce' ride was a vintage scooter thing exclusively? Is that not the case?
Matty
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:27 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Justin242 wrote:
I thought the sunday Luce' ride was a vintage scooter thing exclusively? Is that not the case?

heh I wish, j/k, no now it's more of a 'Minnescoota' ride where everyone is welcome.

Justin242
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:44 am  Reply with quote
Training

Matty wrote:
heh I wish, j/k, no now it's more of a 'Minnescoota' ride where everyone is welcome.

That's cool. So is there any hazing involved? Because I've seen 'Coal Miners Daughter' and read about what Hells Angels go though...

just kiddin
Grant
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:36 pm  Reply with quote
Training

My observations after 4 years:
For the most part the people that show up on Sundays (in recent years anyway) are interested in pretty much all scooters, riding, and a variety of other things. In general, they are a friendly bunch to all. The only thing that seems to universally be exclusive about it is the general disdain for unsafe group riders. Riding in a group can be a great experience, but does carry certain risks. Having people show up that want to set individual speed/maneuverability records amongst the pack tends to not go well for anyone involved. If you can deal with that, stop on by sometime and check it out.

Oh yeah, and no hazing is involved unless you consider introducing yourself to a bunch of strangers hazing.
Justin242
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:54 pm  Reply with quote
Training

Grant wrote:
The only thing that seems to universally be exclusive about it is the general disdain for unsafe group riders. Riding in a group can be a great experience, but does carry certain risks. Having people show up that want to set individual speed/maneuverability records amongst the pack tends to not go well for anyone involved.

So what your saying is you don't suggest I show up and introduce myself to a bunch a cats I don't know with wicked scooters, and then proceed to showboat and act like a cock-smoker?.

It could require some restraint, but I think I'm up to it. :-)
My Pal Foot Foot
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:29 pm  Reply with quote
Permit

Quote:
So is there any hazing involved? Because I've seen 'Coal Miners Daughter' and read about what Hells Angels go though...

I haven't seen Coal Miners Daughter, but the Regulars initation is more like what happens in Deliverence. Know wha' I mean? Weeeeeeeeeee!
Tom Lindsay
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:38 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

My Pal Foot Foot wrote:
Quote:
So is there any hazing involved? Because I've seen 'Coal Miners Daughter' and read about what Hells Angels go though...

I haven't seen Coal Miners Daughter, but the Regulars initation is more like what happens in Deliverence. Know wha' I mean? Weeeeeeeeeee!

Oh thanks, there's three years of hypnotherapy down the drain. I swore I'd never think about that scene again...

Seriously, that's some f**ked up sh*t right there. Great movie though.

Last edited by Tom Lindsay on Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total

dmarquis
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:24 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

I wanna here ya squeeeeel like a pig....

Dave
Ece
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:02 am  Reply with quote
Training

Hey Scott, thanks for keeping me in the loop. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. The last few weekends that you had rides I had been out of town. Most recently the Duluth run. I will try and make it this Sat. Thanks again Scott
- Erik