minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  Events  ~  OSP SCOOTER RIDE SAT OCT 1ST
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:59 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

So all we have to do to get rid of you is charge dues? Excellent!

You continue to deflect, deflect, deflect.

Quote:
You and this cadre of 5 or 6 others consider yourself to be the "Powers that Be". I was told this directly by one of you.

A) I don't consider myself to be so.
B) Which "one of [us]" told you this?

Quote:
You guys aren't the "club". You are part of the club, but you aren't the whole club.

No, but the Rally Committee made the rules for the rally. Not the club, the rally. Two separate things, understand?

Quote:
I didn't ride on the Sunday ride of last summers Skooter Du to ride with you guys, but I rode because I was invited to ride along by another fellow rider, was encouraged by others to ride,

Ah, the Nameless Masses. Who were these folks?

Quote:
I have seen the "powers that be" cruelly turn on Becky when she asked some questions about the Skooter Du last summer. Some one else posted last July (or maybe early Aug). that the Minn Max club was unwilling to help out in an organized manner with the Skooter Du last summer because they had been "poked in the eye" too many times by the Regulars.

Wow, you sure have no clue what you're talking about. You've seen a tiny little sliver of what happens and think you know the whole story. Very few people do.

View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Tom, I'm sick of this. How about answering the questions you're asked, eh?

One:
Why do you not respond to the many comments from many people about your poor riding skills? This is a very welcoming club, and all you have to do is accept and admit the fact that you have a problem and attempt to remedy it.

Two:
By the way, you mention four members of the "evil scooterist club", yet your shirt is the only one we've seen. Who else is a member of your new clique, eh?

View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kevin K
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:31 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

nate wrote:
Good christ, you guys. Couple of things to get straight:

Hitler = Nazi = Germany = BMW

Mussolini = Fascist = Italy = Vespa

I don't know if the Italians had a catchy name for their party, but this isn't a BMW club.

Great. Now us Beemer riders are under scrutiny. Where's the love? Now I know why that /5 is up for sale :)
K (loves scooters, rides a BMW, and an active member in the local BMW club. Luckily I'm pretty thick skinned...)

Last edited by Kevin K on Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:58 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Yeah, don't get Nate started on what Saturns mean...

nate
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:22 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

I wasn't necessarily implying that Il Duce was particularly preferable to Mr. Schickelgruber. Just asking the participants here to get their perjoratives straight.

I want a Bimmer to go with my Subaru and Vespa, then I'll have an axis powers vehicle club. I'll rumble with the folks on Harleys, BSAs, Urals, and Peugeots. Ok, maybe the people with the Peugeots will just hand their keys over as soon as I ride up.

Regardless, mid century politics really don't have much to do with the fact that Tom's not particularly good at riding in a group.

Lev. 15:17
kennylibido
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:59 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

nate wrote:
Regardless, mid century politics really don't have much to do with the fact that Tom's not particularly good at riding in a group.

Yeah. Yeah, that's it. Like some women aren't good at dating men their own age. Until they can get the hang of it, they ought not do it. Or, if the analogy holds, Tom should stick to riding bicycles until he decides to be socially responsible and run safely with the big scooter boys and girls.

I'm starting a new scooter club. It's called the "Kinda mean but not really Scooter Clique for people who really aren't that much into denial". I'm thinking of calling it by its convenient acronym, "KMBNRSCFPWRATMID". I'm very pleased that the word "rat" is right in the middle of the thing - just another analogy concerning safe group riding and folks who don't want to deal with the consequences of politely being refused when they do not comply. You know, the ones who can't be in my club.
some_dude
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:12 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

kennylibido wrote:
I'm very pleased that the word "rat" is right in the middle of the thing - just another analogy concerning safe group riding and folks who don't want to deal with the consequences of politely being refused when they do not comply.

Now you've insulted R.A.T., Riders Association of Triumph. The "official" Triumph club of which I am a member. I demand you retract this offense post-haste and refrain from doing so again forth-with. Or, I shall have no alternative but come over & leak oil all over your driveway and burn down your garage with my Lucas electrics.
nate
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:19 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

To Recap:

7:30 PM Saturday October 1- Bob's Java Hut. Ride the parkways, top speed 40MPH.

It was a noble intention by Zumaboy. Sorry about that.

Lev. 15:17
TomR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:29 pm  Reply with quote
Training

I haven't accessed the internet for a couple of days for a variety of reasons. I'll respond to 433/jeremy at this time.

In a post a couple of days ago you highlighted 4 quotes of mine.

Regarding the first quote and the "Powers that be" statement, etc. Egan was the person who coined the prhase. In a private message to me this past summer he he said this. I checked my private message inbox to see if it is still there and yes, I still have that private message.

Regarding the second quote, I think you make a good point. The rules committee is not the club. I have felt that sometimes you (the rally committee),have acted like the club though. I guess what sticks in my mind is a posting by Jeff last spring on the old board, somrthing to the effect that wasn't I banned from club activities or something like that. I will now regard this as a rogue or individual statement/wish by Jeff and concede your point, which in reality is one of my points also.

Regarding the third quote and your comment about the nameless masses.
Mojo Willy was the fellow rider who invited me to ride. In your next previous post you said that I lied about this. Mojo Willy invited me to ride. You think I lied about this and I don't know why. I said previously that for someone who dyes his hair blue you are awfully judgemental, and I stand by that. You have collected some facts about my riding ability and formed a judgement. If you read my posts carefully, I have never tried to dissuade you from that judgement, in fact I revel in your evil scooterist comment. I do not care what you personally think about my riding skills. But do not expand your judgements on me into the realm of ethics and morality.
As far as being encouraged by others, this was expressed to me in a conversational sense. In general scooter conversation, someone I was talking with would ask if I was riding in the long ride or the city ride and I would respond neither. The inevitable "why, or how come" would ensue and I would tell them and they would say something like "have you considered riding anyways or why don't you ride anyways". On Saturday I responded with a no and said that I would respect their (the rally committees) concerns. Admittedly, there were not a lot of these conversations, and I am very bad with names, but one person I remember having this conversation with was that heavy set guy who is in the Minn-Max club, who rode a Honda Elite that day, and who borrowwed one of the safety vests I brought to help out for those who were going to block on the city ride, which he blocked on.

Regarding the fourth quote and your comment about me olny seeing a small sliver of what happenes, I think that you are right. This is an example of me having some facts and making a judgement. This is an example of me being judgemental. Sound familiar?

Aditionally, I want to say my behavior on Sunday was arrogant, rude, without class, and undignified. I can be a jerk. But I also feel that there was a degree this behavior in others that weekend. Again, I am being judgemental here. Having said that I probably would act the same way again on Sunday if I had to do it over again.
I was never asked if I wanted to say anything on my behalf by the "powers that be" and was simply presented with your decree. Kind of like the Spanis Inquistion I thought. I came anyways on Saturday though and supported the cause financially ($10 registration), brought three safety vests for blockers to wear, and did not ride in either of the rides on Sat. When I registered, Egan was at the table. He said Hi, and said that he was wondering if I was going to show up or not. Things were cordial between us untill I mentioned that I wanted to distinctly point out that I did not feel that the rules committee had the right to tell anyone in the world that they could not ride on the public streets. Also, I said that I would probably not ride, but that I had not made up my mind yet as to what I was going to do. I wasn't really planning on riding, but I felt that the rules committee was arrogant and I was going to make this statement to them. I didn't ride Sat, and supported the rally in what I thought was a magnanamous manner. Not a single person on the committee came over afterwards, at Scooterville, to say anything to me. No one came over and said something like thanks for providing the safety vests, or I know you feel you have the right to ride on the public streets when ever you want, but thanks for respecting our concerns, etc. In retrospect, there I was with my Evil Scooterist Club long sleeve tee shirt on and having fun with it, so it was unrealistic to expect any thing from you guys. This pissed me off though, and I began to seriously consider the slap in the face gesture of riding in the Sunday ride. I was undecided, (but prepared mentally) untill Mojo's invite Sunday morning and the rest is history.

Finally, as far as Evil Scooterist Club membership, there are at least 4 currently. Mojo Willy, that heavy set guy in the Minn-Max club who rides a Honda Elite (I apologize for having a mental block on your name), and myself. I remember Zumaboy (who started this thread)and I having a conversation about the Evil Scooterist Club a couple weeks ago and I'm pretty sure he said somrthing like "consider me in" or "I support the idea". Zumaboy's membership is a grey issue in my mind because he is promoting the Outlaw Scooter Posse right now, but I think I asked him if he wanted to be considered a member and he said yes. A couple of non scooter owning women I know wanted to design a complex tee shirts after seeing my simplistic one. They are in they said, but I doubt that anything will come of it. Some of my motorcycle riding buddies would accept a small decal to stick on their motorcyles if I had one, but I am not really actively promoting this Evil Scooterist Club idea. People do seem to get a kick out of the juxtaposition of the concept of evil with their perception of
scooterists. I get a kick out of it. but mostly I get a kick out of needling those of you who I consider to be the ScooterPolice.

Tom
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:46 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Holy Christ, you're a nutbar.

Egan
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:51 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

I think the term was or should have been the organizers. I had the uncomfortable "assignment" to ask you not to particpate on the rides by many people (on the commitee and off).

I would have liked to have thanked you for not riding on saturday, but as I had to help get the ride ready you were still "undecided" if you were going to ride. At Scooterville I should have thanked you, as the vests go, thanks for them.

Oh, and the military sized can of mace has absolutely no place on a rally ride. That was way off.

Matty
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:15 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Hopefully people aren't still reading this but thought some background info would help.

During the 2004 rally Tom was told/yelled at more than once about his riding during the rally after several complaints and close calls, once by me by coming within inches of taking me out going 50mph down Shepard road. We were almost to the end of our Sunday ride when Tom hit a blocker, pulled out of his lane without looking (yet again), luckily the blocker didn't go down, Tom seemed to think it was more important to take pictures than to check if everyone was ok. After the rally people would still complain about his riding so we thought it would be everyone’s best interest to not have him on the ride.

It's a shame Tom enjoys the negative attention and doesn't realize when 200 people are involved there has to be some 'policing' of some sort. Under different circumstances I'm sure we'd get along.

wheeled
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:58 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

...so a bunch of people do not feel safe riding with Tom. Tom feels The bunch of people who fear for their safty are snubbing him for reasons other than personal safty. Tom could you apologise for being over enthusiastic
in your riding? Those who fear for safty , could you help teach safety to the over enthused? If un-safe behavior continues I suggest we pull over and let the offending driver ride on no mater who it is. Ed