minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  GOOD NEWS for NAMMERS
millis
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:33 am  Reply with quote
Noob

MOTO PRIMO in MPLS will work on your nam scoots. I was shamefully dropping of my dirt bike for some work (at least Derrick does not act like he is too cool for school when I drop off my scoots at his house, Maybe just 'cause I look so tired from the f'ing road trip out there) Anyway they had a sweet Nam Lammy and a Sweet nam vespa and they said the guy that brought them in had five or six more at home. You'll just have to wait till they are up on craigslist or eber to see the photos 'cause I cant get my camera to work . I wish there was a way to incorporate something I can do into this post.
Derrick
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:55 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

I didn't think they would work on any OLD scooters.

I don't think they have a clue! Them working on VN bodgers proves it.

Sorry to hear that.
morgan
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:16 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

from what i've seen in pictures and stories on the intrntnl scooter bbs, some of those southeast asian restos have bondoed up frames. they look fine on the outside, but are just globs of crap on the inside.

a lot of these frames are dragged as rusting parts from junk yards and then stitched together with welding and bondo to look fine under a cheap paint job.

a bike like that could be seriously dangerous whether you got the engine running or not!

motoprimo might want to check those bikes out real well before letting a customer ride one home. i guess some of the bikes, like the ones from scooters rs, are supposed to be ok, but i'd still be suspicious...

spooky, like halloween!
Derrick
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:58 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

More on Vietnam/Asian "resto" vintage scooters.

I was contacted last summer buy a "business" man that was planing on bringing VN scooters into Minnesota for resale. He wanted me to check them out and make sure they were good. I told him I couldn't help him because ALL of the VN scooters I have seen were VERY BAD! I can't begin to discribe how horrible they were. Completely cobled wrecks with shiny paint jobs. I told him to run away. He disputed my opinion and said these scooters were different, dispite the fact they were not running right! I have learned that those scooters are lose - lose deals. The owner is very unhappy and there is nothing I can do to help them. They would be better off junking the VN scooter and starting over with a different scooter.

The real kicker is he told me he was a missionary and he was starting this business to "help the poor children in Vietnam." Needless to say, by the time I got off the phone with this guy, I was very creeped out.

I hope this isn't more to the same story. He sounded determind to get his new business going dispite my opinions.

I hope not but LOOK OUT!
Matty
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:32 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

But they are so pretty, that's all that matters isn't it?