minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  Pay attention. No one else is.
kennylibido
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:39 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

This is disturbing, particularly for the lack of response. Pay attention out there riders.

http://www.planetvids.com/html/Bike-Accident-At-Gas-Station.html
unregistered user
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:03 am  Reply with quote
Noob

not to trivialize the situation, but i'm really curious what song is playing in the background. Anyone know?
Grant
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:46 am  Reply with quote
Training

Holy crap... Wouldn't you like to ask the drivers that went around the wreck what the hell they were thinking? Did they just think it would take too much time to check on the biker that just went flying by them?? Wow.
Derrick
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:51 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

As disturbing as that video is, it is probably one of the most common two wheeled accidents. The car driver does not see the motorcycle and turns left into it.

Very scary.
Lisa
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:54 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Doesn't see too odd to me unfortunately...two cars drove around me and my scoot in the street when I went down last year. Luckily some guy was walking his dog and helped get me and the scoot out of traffic so that we wouldn't inconvenience anymore drivers.
ann
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:12 am  Reply with quote
Noob

Damn! My memory is protecting me from remembering a scene probably eerily similar to that video. As my recovery drags slowly along and people share more and more accident stories with me i think i get further and further away from ever riding a scooter again. The witness to my accident said she was driving behind me and one second we were tooling along and then next second I was flying over the roof of a car. Within minutes the ambulance was carting me off (the benefits of having an accident 4 blocks from a level 1 trauma center). She thought I was dead. She was glad to hear that I'm basically fine. Talking to me was a healing experience for her. Witnessing my accident has been very traumatic for her.
Which is weird because the little window of time where the accident actually occured is way more traumitizing to the witnesses than to me. I'm more traumatized by the recovery and the what ifs. Thank god for netflix and my ability to find humor in every experience.