minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  Classifieds  ~  Vespa Leather Top Case (Trunk)
ann
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:31 pm  Reply with quote
Noob

I've got a brown leather top case from Vespa. It was on my ET4. These things retail for $395. I'd like $325. This thing is awesome and in perfect condition. I have pics that i can e-mail.
ann
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:32 pm  Reply with quote
Noob

I've got the top case and my phone number is NOT a secret.

Ann
651-917-7922
ann
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:52 pm  Reply with quote
Noob

This thing is still kicking around my house. Itis in excellent condition. the only marks on it are wher the straps hold it to the chrome rack...some chrome rubbed off...but heck that;s on the bottom of the bag and you can only see it when the bag is off and you've turned it upside down.

i can go lower...c'mon folks this thing has xmas present written all over it...plus
all the proceeds go towards the kitty im making to pay medical billls and im saving up for a vintage car since i'm getting out of the scooter biz...

i was asking 325 ...make me an offer

ann

651-917-7922
wheeled
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:38 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

what kind of vintage car are you looling for? Ed
ann
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:50 am  Reply with quote
Noob

Well, I know you're all going to snigger a bit so i'll tell you my reasoning first:
i want a vehicle that has not taken off in the vintage market yet so that i can find one that is reasonably priced and doesn't need a lot of work...though my dad has generously offered to do all body and paint work (after the accident he has subtley encouraged me to give up two wheeled vehicles) so i'm looking for something that has been restored, is in great original shape or needs little work to be completed.

ok. i'm looking for a ford ranchero (falcon) somewhere between 1960-66. or an old pickup like an old f100 or a chevy apache...1960s are still affordable.

the ranchero is the butt of many jokes i know but i dig the falcon version: its small, has some style and is curvy...the ones that came out in the late 60s and early 70s are more muscle car looking and that's not me.

when i was fist thinking about it i considered a crosley, morris minor or an old mini but ive heard they are finicky like a vespa and i just want something to drive and enjoy. and something i can work on or my regular mechanic can handle.

that was a long story but there it is. if you know anyone who has their grandpa's 65 ranchero in the garage let me know.

ann
LOREMipsum
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:45 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

http://www.carsoup.com/used/detail.asp?usedVehicleID=2572564&searchID=25199141&vehicleTypeID=11&UVViewID=4&Page=25&ASU=0
wheeled
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:57 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I have several vintage cars. I sold a 1946 crosley wagon to a friend a number of years ago He never got arround to working on it.it may be available. I also have a few cars and trucks I could tempt you with. Ed 612-331-0082
Brad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:43 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

I actually saw a falcon ranchero last spring in a car lot/salvage lot in St. Charles Minnesota (just off of I-90) for $900. I remember because I was tempted. We were camping in Whitewater state park and driving through. It looked complete and clean, but probably wasn't a runner.

When I look at a map, I'm guessing it was at Billy's Towing, at 236 W 3rd St, St Charles, 55972 - (507) 932-5254. They had a bunch of older stuff for sale parked in the lot.

wheeled
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:09 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

any interest in a 1958 chev pick up ?
DriveIn
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:05 pm  Reply with quote
Permit

ann wrote:
when i was first thinking about it i considered a crosley, morris minor or an old mini but ive heard they are finicky like a vespa and i just want something to drive and enjoy. and something i can work on or my regular mechanic can handle.
Nothing finicky or difficult about a morris minor 1000. Uses the same parts as many other british badges, and they are still cheap as far as the car market. The parts are all over the place, and jokes about oil leaks with british cars are moot, as the modern seal replacements solved that problem. A good morris minor with disk brakes and a gas shock conversion up front, a 1275 engine, and maybe a 5 speed gear box conversion if you feel the need is a nice ride and will get you some fun performance and still get 30 - 35mpg. They made a pickup body style that is really fun and compact. The convertible sedan is a fun body style too. Sedans, pickups, and vans that drive like a sports car. What could be more fun, other than an actual sports car.

ann
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:27 am  Reply with quote
Noob

I could be tempted by allsorts or vintage trucks and my dad can be tempted by cars or trucks so if you have something we might be interested in shoot me an e-mail giving me some details. I probably won't be able to purchase anything until late feb; but, i'm seriously in the market. Is that 58 chevy an apache? I have a thing for those old apache trucks.

ann
wheeled
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:15 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

this one is a dark blue step side e-mail me if you would like photos. Ed
wheeled
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:46 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

so did you ever sell your case?