minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  The drop bars thread
Derrick
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:03 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Who has read the drop bars thread on the BBS? I just wasted 45 mins reading it. I learned NOT to except payments through PayPal. They are definetly not a sellers Pal!

It was a waste of time but it was very funny. If you are bored and want to kill some time check it out.
Jeff
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:05 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I think it demonstrates that transactions with people that are across the country and that you never have met before are always going to be risky. That particular situation NEVER should have gotten that far out of hand.

There is a website called beerology that a lot of online used computer resellers/traders use to rate transactions and traders. Most computer boards also have dispute resolution and abitration for when deals go bad. SE could do something like that, but I doubt he will.
Becky W.
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:47 pm  Reply with quote
Training

I'm ashamed to say I've been following the "as the drop bars are unreturned" thread.....and while I'm not surprised that people who sell scooter parts using PayPal get ripped off sometimes, I *have* been a little surprised at what a total witchhunt it's turned out to be. I mean, I know that chick screwed up, but over 300 posts ripping her a new you-know-what? I *almost* felt sorry for her, but not really.......it is definitely a good lesson learned for many!

"I think Pringles initial intention was to make tennis
balls. But on the day that the rubber was supposed to
show up, a big truckload of potatoes arrived. But
Pringles is a laid back company. They said "Fuck it.
Cut em up."
Lisa
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:06 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I have to admit to watching it too...and being slightly amused at some of the pics. I wish I had that much spare time. As I am a custom manufacturer, I have to sympathize with the guy though.

So, I am about to sell some items that might actually be real money on ebay and I don't want the same thing to happen to me. Is this really all that common? I've never had problems before, but I've only sold a few cheap things -- mostly dead cell phones or kids' stuff. Moving into all the extra parts that I planned on putting into the now dead bug though and I'd really like not getting screwed.

Any thoughts?
Derrick
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:26 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Don't let people pay with PayPal. Not only does PayPal charge the seller a fee but they can reverse your payment. LAME!

I don't like to buy anything I can't see in person. I hate buying stuff on E-bay. Sometimes it's your only choice. But I think as with most auctions it's "BUY BEWARE!" Ask questions FIRST. It's the buyers responsabilty to verify the purchase item.

I don't think a buyer has any recourse UNLESS the seller lied about the item and the buyer can document it. Then a reversal is legit if the item is returned.

So, the moral of the story: Sell items for cash only. Buy items whenever possible with PayPal. Don't lie. Document everything.
Brad
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:03 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

That thread was nothing but a demonstration of what kind of damage two dorks with no social skills and an internet connection can do.

Pretty good entertainment though.