minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  Please leave a comment
Adam
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:05 pm  Reply with quote
Permit

excerpt from what The Baron in Winter wrote:
...he didnít wave backÖ Snubbed by a Scooter-Nazi?...

And let us not forget the concept from [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law]Godwin's Law[/url] that whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress.
Derrick
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:33 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I don't often agree with you Adam, but on this I do. I hate it when the word "Nazi" is used in an argument.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:27 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

some_dude wrote:
Tom-

I'd like to suggest you post his email to you on his blog as a response. It may not stay there long, but his readers should know the caliber of the guy they are reading.

Nobody except the poster sees the comment until he approves it, so it's a futile gesture.

View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
dmarquis
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:09 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

nealaustin wrote:
Hey guys lay off of the poor "Moto-Journalist". The blathering bloke can't help it. He is a prime example of what happens to anyone that has smoked a few to many of those "funny cigarettes". ;)

Really? I thought those guys were just laid back, not filled with dreams of grandeur.....So i am thinking it isn't the wacky tobakee...

Dave
dmarquis
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:20 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Quote:
Do blogs naturally form around Brown Holes?

I would say not always, but some do and the really smell like shit... :-)

So what so guy didn't "wave" at you.... Gosh I have waved many a time without a return and sometimes a finger back. So what.....If you served 10 years as a Marine, which I highly doubt, you wouldn't be crying on your bed about it....

Dave
Maybe I'll wave, maybe I won't.....
Gary Charpentier
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:47 pm  Reply with quote
Training

Oh, well, we can't have that now, can we?

Dave wrote: If you served 10 years as a Marine, which I highly doubt, you wouldn't be crying on your bed about it....

*sigh* I have already explained about the satire/humorous intent. Some people just don't get it.

Tell you what... How `bout a personal demonstration of Marine Corps close-combat technique? Would that serve to convince you?

Then, when you regain consciousness, I could regale you and your friends with a long slide show of all the Kodachromes I shot whilst serving our country in exotic foreign locales! Sounds like fun, doesn't it? Be warned, however, many of these images are not suitable for viewing by children.

Whattya say? Can you arrange this with Betty's?

I'll skip the K-bar portion of the tutorial. That always gets so messy...

Ride well,
=gc=
Brooke
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:01 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Ahh, threats of violence on the interweb over an absent wave, a longwinded blog and mostly less than eloquent retorts. It all comes full circle.

Look for my new book entitled: "How to win friends and influence people by threating to bludgen them when they don't agree." It should be a HIT!
Gary Charpentier
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:49 pm  Reply with quote
Training

Brooke says: Look for my new book entitled: "How to win friends and influence people by threating to bludgen them when they don't agree." It should be a HIT!

Well, why not? Isn't that our current national foriegn policy? Hasn't it been so for an awfully long time? I can only learn from the examples presented to me.

The guy questioned my credentials. I offerred to demonstrate them. What's the problem?

Ride well,
=gc=
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:09 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Oh, yes, Gary. You have the biggest dick in town. Congrats.

Oh, did I say "have"? I meant "are". Sorry.

View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Brooke
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:19 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Gary Charpentier wrote:

The guy questioned my credentials. I offered to demonstrate them. What's the problem?

I owned a bike once. Do I have to ride one to prove it? The problem is that you've resorted to threats of violence. Anyone reading them would perceive them as intended as threats of violence. Any prosecutor would gladly submit them as evidence of threats of violence. And I'd be a few dollars that they'd be seen by a judge or jury as threats of violence. Semantics is no excuse and nothing to hide behind.

Also note, tentative chapter 6 in my book will list yours as well as other geo-political defenses for possible use at trial such as: "The CIA made me do it" and the grand old classic "I was just following orders". I tell ya, NYT best sellers list here I come! The bully market is one of the last growth areas in newly published literature.
Gary Charpentier
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:47 pm  Reply with quote
Training

Well, once again, that's your interpretation.

So...sue me!

You people crack me up. Again, that was a type of humor that you are apparently not acquainted with, or willfully choose to misinterpret.

I don't care anymore. Frankly, you bore me. I was going to try to make amends here, and maybe make a connection, but some of you folks are so pedestrian and pedantic in your perceptions that it would be impossible for us to associate on a social level.

Well, that's fine. I've wasted enough time with this.

I'll see you around, I suppose. Can't really avoid it. And I'll probably wave at you, because I am really a friendly sort when I'm out riding. If you don't wave, I'll know why. This is how stereotypes are perpetuated.

See ya,
=gc=
Tom Lindsay
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:57 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

BTW Gary, Dave (dmarquis) served in the Marines himself, though he doesn't make a point of it. Really, the threats of violence are a bit too much for me - I'm not really into the chest-thumping. Looks as though Lisa may have been right...

Sorry folks. It was well-intentioned...

nate
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:01 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Sweet, let's end this thread. I'll even offer to close it with a real funny joke.

Why don't vintage scooter riders wave at Baron riders?
Because they don't want to drop their tools!

HA HA HA.

Lev. 15:17
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:06 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

True, most people I know that have been in the service don't talk about it. They CERTAINLY don't brag about it, especially if they've ever seen combat.

wheeled
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:53 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Would somebody please Buy this guy a car. How about a Ford ranger blog. I will start waving at fords from now on...Hi nice SUV, I will even use all five fingers...We all have scooters and some have bikes, so what is all this narcissistic
drama about? (rhetorical question only no need to post a responce) Rhetorical 1 a : of, relating to, or concerned with rhetoric b : employed for rhetorical effect; especially : asked merely for effect with no answer expected <a rhetorical question> Narcissistic Etymology: German Narzissismus, from Narziss(that is spelled a bit like NAZI perhaps this has all been an inocent mistake} Narcissus, from Latin Narcissus
1 : EGOISM, EGOCENTRISM
2 : love of or sexual desire for one's own scooter body. Thanks for all this entertainment, Your fellow scooter NARZISS I am off to polish my scooter now.