minnescoota.com Forum Index
Author Message
<  General Scootering  ~  Betty's Bikes and Buns is Alive!
Spikehead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:31 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 03 May 2005
Posts: 308
Location: N.W. corner pocket of Mpls.

They will re-open tomorrow morning. (Saturday)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ninahale
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:25 am  Reply with quote
Noob


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 19
Location: Uptown

So, as an outsider to the entire ride community (except I DID finally get my endoresement last week, and was riding the crappy kawasaki starter bike in front of someone on a red Stella or Bajaj on Lake of the Isles last week) here's my uninformed question: Do you folks go the Italian night at Betty's? It seems to be mainly the Ducati crowd. Is there some sort of mods vs rockers thing going on, or do you guys already have enough group activity without that? I have never been, but haven't seen talk on this or the local ducati board about the scooterists going...

Nina: There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
Kevin K
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:16 am  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 783
Location: Brooklyn Park

There shouldn't be any reason not to go. Italian bikes (and scoots!) and spaghetti dinner. Add some candlelight and a nice Chianti and you could probably make a date of it. Or not.
The reality is, it's probably just general laziness that keeps people from going. At least that's my excuse.
-K

_________________
Oh yes I did
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
Spikehead
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:27 am  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 03 May 2005
Posts: 308
Location: N.W. corner pocket of Mpls.

ninahale wrote:
Do you folks go the Italian night at Betty's? It seems to be mainly the Ducati crowd. Is there some sort of mods vs rockers thing going on, or do you guys already have enough group activity without that? I have never been, but haven't seen talk on this or the local ducati board about the scooterists going...


Yes, the rumble starts just after closing time.

While I don't go specifically for Italian Night, I usually find myself at Betty's on Monday nights. Sometimes on an Italian scooter, sometimes on a Italian motorcycle, sometimes on a non-italian motorcycle, and sometimes in a cage. Ducati is the best represented marque, but there are others in the mix as well. I've seen several Vespas too.


Kevin K wrote:
Add some candlelight and a nice Chianti and you could probably make a date of it.


Kevin, I've told you I don't like you that way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
jsyx
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:29 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 03 May 2005
Posts: 307
Location: MPLS.

do they have an India night?
like all LML's & BSA's?
with loads of curry and dysentary?

_________________
-josh
B.O.Y./S.C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Tom Lindsay
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:36 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 18 Jun 2005
Posts: 704
Location: Longfellow, Minneapolis

jsyx wrote:
do they have an India night?
like all LML's & BSA's?
with loads of curry and dysentary?



Sounds great - sign me up! Especially the dyssentery...

I just realized I have no f*cking idea how to spell dyssentery.

_________________
Just say hello to dmarquis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
kennylibido
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:58 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 352

Tom Lindsay wrote:
jsyx wrote:
do they have an India night?
like all LML's & BSA's?
with loads of curry and dysentary?



Sounds great - sign me up! Especially the dyssentery...

I just realized I have no f*cking idea how to spell dyssentery.


Twice, even.

Dysentery.

I didn't know either, but I'm not lazy or incurious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
dmarquis
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:27 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed


Joined: 28 Jun 2005
Posts: 812
Location: St. Paul MN USA

I guess Dysentery would make me loss wieght.....

Dave

PS I love curry....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT - 6 Hours

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
minnescoota.com Forum Index  ~  General Scootering

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB and NoseBleed v1.09