minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  Events  ~  Lake Pepin ride
TomR
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:13 am  Reply with quote
Training

I am thinking about riding around Lake Pepin tomorrow, Sunday. The weather forecast is good enough (so far). I have done this before on motorcycles, but never on a scooter. I know of many back roads on both sides of the lake that are less travelled, scenic, and scooter friendly. Your scooter should be able to do a bonafide 55 mph. Mine does 62 on level ground. Most of the roads have speed limits of 50 to 55, and you can't go that fast in the curvy sections anyways. The ride would take about 5 or 6 hours, (including a couple of pit stops for fuel,food,etc), taking the longer and more fun route I have in mind. I hope to leave aroung 11AM, but later is OK, depending on if anyone else is interested. Starting as late as 2PM would still work. Also, a shorter ride could be done, where you just ride the nice roads down by the Welch Village and Mt Frontenac Ski resorts on the MN side, and don't circle the lake. Also, a person could ride along for just an hour or so and then turn back.
We could rendevous at Bryant Lake Bowl, Minnehaha Coffee, or somewhere in St Paul.
Anyone interested?
Tom