minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  Looking at this Rally 200 on Scoot.net
Jeff
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:15 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

So what are your thoughts on this bike specifically and on the Rally in general?

Here is a pic

and here is the description:
Quote:
This 1976 Vespa Rally 200cc scooter has had a complete motor rebuild w/ a new 1st oversized top end(piston/rings/bore/hone), all new seals/ bearings, shifting cross, clutch, gaskets, etc,. bike has new tires, tubes, chrome rims, seat cover, cables(outer and inner), pretty much all the trim pieces and rubber bits were replaced. Bike has only a couple of miles up and down the street since motor rebuild. It runs awesome! Starts up first or second kick. Lights work but turn signals have not been sorted out yet. Same with the speedometer. Although the bike has a new coat of paint it is not perfect. The clear coat checked a tiny bit on a couple spots, and a couple other places has chipped but it's NOT obvious. There is also a little paint/road rash on the battery side cowl that again isn't really obvious cause it's not bad. I've touched it up it looks great. But if you REALLY look close up you can see a couple small blemishes, but from just a couple of feet away the bike looks sweet and you can't really notice them. The price reflects paint issue and can be easily repainted or driven the way it is. Included is enough of that paint left over to respray the whole bike if that floats your boat(If I was gonna keep it I would just ride the shit out of it cause it looks fine). This bike is NOT some piece of shit Asian restoration........I have a ton of money into this bike. I WAS asking $2500 but could use cash right now and will let it go for $2200! For that I can deliver within 50 miles of Ann Arbor, Mi. eg. forward air for crating/shipping if needed. If you come PICK IT UP with CASH in hand in the next few days of January I will give it away for $2000. Has Michigan title. NO TIME WASTERS, NO OVERSEAS SALES, so piss off with the scams! If you need any more info give me a call @ (734)945-5827
Derrick
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:31 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I'm not a fan of the Rally's styling but it looks better than a P200. The only other way to get a "nice" looking 200 is to transplant an engine in a older bike.

Looks like a good deal. Check out the ignition system. The Femsa system is expensive, fragile and can go bad if the flyside bearings get loose. The later Rallys came with the better Ducati ignition.

Also, its sounds like he gave up on the blinkers and who knows what else on the electrical system.

You never know for sure if its a good deal until you SEE it with your own eyes.

Some people pay crazy money for Rally 200's. So it will probably go fast.
Matty
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:55 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I'm with Derrick on that one, it's cool but not too different from your Stella. A GL with a P200 would be sweet!

-Matt

Derrick wrote:
I'm not a fan of the Rally's styling but it looks better than a P200. The only other way to get a "nice" looking 200 is to transplant an engine in a older bike.
Jeff
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:57 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

ahh it's sold already...