minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  Shhhh.
Jeff
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:06 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

So most of you guys know I have been tuning the stella this spring. I got the DR kit and 24/24G carb and I have been super happy with the performance. I have been able to bury the needle on the speedo (about 64mph on GPS) and the performance has been improving as it fully breaks in. Everything is great, right?

Not!

My Sito plus is driving me crazy. It's TOO LOUD! I want to quiet my bike down. So I ordered a stock P150 pipe today. Call me crazy but having tasted the top end I guess I am willing to trade a few MPH and a bit of grunt for some peace and quiet. I spend most of my time cruising between 45-50 and doing that at less then 1/4 throttle in fourth, while kinda cool is a bit too loud for me

So the purpose of my question: How do I jet now? I am pretty dialed in on my current set up so do I knock it down another point or two on the main jet once I lose the Sito Plus? I'm kind of curious how adding 20% more displacement with my kit and a Sito has gotten me only about 6 jet sizes larger. It really seems like it should be a lot more. But I am still on the rich end rather than too lean.

Any thoughts?
Matty
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:44 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

down 2 at most is my guess. most people go up none or 2 when they add one so it would seem you'd just reverse that. Now Derrick will tell me how wrong I am.

-Matt