minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  The Rally  ~  What can you do to help?
Lisa
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:07 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Thanks to all of you who have already helped and have offered to help.

Here's what we need help with:

Michelle will be organizing the registration effort and will need lots of helpers. I encourage new folks to help out with registration and check-in, itís a great way to meet people and get involved.

We still need support for all rides. This job involves following the pack and picking up broken down scooters and/or their passengers. If you are willing to drive but donít have a vehicle that can tow a trailer or carry a scooter, email me. We need help and will work something out, even if it involves carrying a bunch of locks so we can lock up scoots and bring passengers back home.

Blockers will be selected by ride leaders. If you have not been a blocker for the Skooter Du big ride in the past, you will not be blocking on the country ride this year. If youíre a rare exception, Matt or I will be contacting you. Thank you.

If youíre interested in blocking for the city ride on Saturday, please send a PM or email kennylibido, unless he posts instructions otherwise. If youíre interested in blocking Sunday, contact me or Jeremy. Note that even if youíre the bestest most skilled rock star scooterist in the universe but weíve never ridden with you, or if we have and donít feel comfortable with you as a blocker, we will say no. Please donít be pissy about it. Weíre trying to keep people safe. Thank you.

We will need help stuffing rally goody bags, once we have some goodies to put into the bags. We could use bags for that matter, we havenít had them donated this year. This will be a one-night, several hour event that will likely take place at my office in New Brighton about a week before the rally.
Spikehead
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:40 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Lisa, what needs do you still have? I'm sacked with work but might be able to squeeze out an hour or two of volunteer time.

Mike

Lisa wrote:
Thanks to all of you who have already helped and have offered to help.

Here's what we need help with:

Michelle will be organizing the registration effort and will need lots of helpers. I encourage new folks to help out with registration and check-in, itís a great way to meet people and get involved.

We still need support for all rides. This job involves following the pack and picking up broken down scooters and/or their passengers. If you are willing to drive but donít have a vehicle that can tow a trailer or carry a scooter, email me. We need help and will work something out, even if it involves carrying a bunch of locks so we can lock up scoots and bring passengers back home.

Blockers will be selected by ride leaders. If you have not been a blocker for the Skooter Du big ride in the past, you will not be blocking on the country ride this year. If youíre a rare exception, Matt or I will be contacting you. Thank you.

If youíre interested in blocking for the city ride on Saturday, please send a PM or email kennylibido, unless he posts instructions otherwise. If youíre interested in blocking Sunday, contact me or Jeremy. Note that even if youíre the bestest most skilled rock star scooterist in the universe but weíve never ridden with you, or if we have and donít feel comfortable with you as a blocker, we will say no. Please donít be pissy about it. Weíre trying to keep people safe. Thank you.

We will need help stuffing rally goody bags, once we have some goodies to put into the bags. We could use bags for that matter, we havenít had them donated this year. This will be a one-night, several hour event that will likely take place at my office in New Brighton about a week before the rally.
Lisa
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:53 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

We need blockers for the big ride. I'll let Michelle comment on Saturday registration help. Those are the two areas I was worried about. THank you!
Jo
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:01 am  Reply with quote
Permit

I can help with Saturday registration.
Kevin K
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:11 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Saturday registration? What time(s) and where?
-K

EvilScooterKitty
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:21 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

As promised previously, I'll be very glad to help out at registration and can easily be there early on Saturday.

Spikehead
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:41 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Lisa wrote:
We need blockers for the big ride. I'll let Michelle comment on Saturday registration help. Those are the two areas I was worried about. THank you!

I'd love to be blocker... but the Rally time frame is largely out for me. It's doubtful I'll even be able to stop in for a beer. Still, I may be able to do packet stuffing and that sort of pre-rally stuff if you have needs.

Mike
Lisa
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:55 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

It sounds like you really need to come to the rally for a beer!
Spikehead
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:36 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Lisa wrote:
It sounds like you really need to come to the rally for a beer!

Oh, I know I do sister... but sadly, that doesn't mean I'll be able to.

<sniff>
mopedgirl
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:49 pm  Reply with quote
Permit

I'm wondering about registration.

Is there a schedule of some kind as of yet? I am still planning to help out on Friday night, but am totally unsure of the needed time frame. I can be there anytime after about 7:30.

Let me know.

Amy Noel

Anesthesia
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:42 am  Reply with quote
Training

me too.

I REALLY like roller derby!