minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  Derrick, I see the point you're trying to make
Harvey
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:45 am  Reply with quote
Permit

I see the point you've been trying to make regarding vintage versus modern. I don't agree with it but I understand its the point of this site. To own era bikes and having a group of people dedicated to a design perameter is pretty neat actually.

Few things are as eye catching as seeing a vintage machine and a modern version of the same brand rolling by side by side. But that's not the mindset of people here. I respect that.

Harv
Egan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:41 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

TROLL

Harvey
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:10 pm  Reply with quote
Permit

Egan wrote:
What is your point then?

You think it's "pretty neat" to have a site dedicated to vintage but don't agree with it. SO WHAT!
This site was'nt established for YOUR amusement so bugger off, troll.

This will be the last of my acknowledgements to your posts Harv. I hope it is for all of the "club members".

ttfn.

Egan, what part of my last post did you not understand as Obviously I don't fit in here, Obviously you guys don't want me here, Obviously I wish you guys the best whether you care or not, and Obviously this should (have been) be my last post???

You seem so wrapped up in your world you chose to take my final post as some kind of personal affront to you. All it was was an exit. All it was supposed to be anyway. I shouldn't have had to explain this. You were so ready to stamp something across your pc screen you failed to actually
read what I wrote and be happy I left. I honestly did not expect anyone to respond to this. If you had been a little slower to actually pay attention to what was written, you wouldn't be increasing your blood pressure by reading a follow up that YOU YOURSELF forced to be initiated. Blame yourself for your state of emotion after reading this.

I already left.

Harv
Egan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:23 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

bye

Jeff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:15 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Minnesota nice in action....
kennylibido
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:26 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Harvey wrote:
Egan wrote:
What is your point then?

You think it's "pretty neat" to have a site dedicated to vintage but don't agree with it. SO WHAT!
This site was'nt established for YOUR amusement so bugger off, troll.

This will be the last of my acknowledgements to your posts Harv. I hope it is for all of the "club members".

ttfn.

Egan, what part of my last post did you not understand as Obviously I don't fit in here, Obviously you guys don't want me here, Obviously I wish you guys the best whether you care or not, and Obviously this should (have been) be my last post???

You seem so wrapped up in your world you chose to take my final post as some kind of personal affront to you. All it was was an exit. All it was supposed to be anyway. I shouldn't have had to explain this. You were so ready to stamp something across your pc screen you failed to actually
read what I wrote and be happy I left. I honestly did not expect anyone to respond to this. If you had been a little slower to actually pay attention to what was written, you wouldn't be increasing your blood pressure by reading a follow up that YOU YOURSELF forced to be initiated. Blame yourself for your state of emotion after reading this.

I already left.

Harv

Hey Harvey,

I'm a member. You would do well to recognize that there is a long, deep, rich history of opinion on these here boards. Kind of like a highschool locker room. I've pretty much concluded that everyone has an opinion and most folks don't care. We sign up, regardless.

I know Egan and he has always been kind to me and my wife. I assume it's mostly because we have few pretensions about this, that, and the other thing.

We own vintage bikes because we have been fortunate enough to let some of the other Regulars do our dirty work for us in that we bought them showroom new and the bikes have served us well - when they foul up, I ask for help and the crew weighs in.

Don't be so quick to be offended - Jeff mentioned "Minnesota Nice." It is a powerful thing to keep in mind. Despite all of the grousing of the Inner Sactum that will be tossed at you, be cool.

Show up at the Regular's Sundays rides and the TNR's rides. Those folks have taken on the mantle of the club for various reasons. It's not important that there are fractures. It's important that you participate by riding.

There's no lecture here. It isn't about "respect." It's about doing what brings you pleasure and knowing others dig a different thing.

I miss everyone in Minneapolis despite their riding "creed." Do yourself a favor and post away with your perspective - be prepared, however, to listen up.

One thing I do know about the Regulars, past, present, or otherwise, is that they have opinions and love to prosecute and defend them, with conviction and righteousnsess or not, and they will wash you if you act like a pussy.

Go to.
Brooke
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:59 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I <3 the interweb.
scootervillain
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:58 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I might be the only one here with a financial interest in a harmonious scooter scene. I own the local shop and I wish everyone got along famously
with no animosity. We're a big pile of humans and there's no reason we should stand on common ground. The only thing we have in common is the happiness we have when we're riding our scooters.

I'm a professional 'tweener when it comes to modern vs. vintage. If I had to cut my choices to one it would be a Vespa SS180. However, as many know, my SS180 remains in a basket. That's the occupational hazard of owning a scooter shop. Your (bill paying) repair job comes before the completion of my bike. And those repairs don't stop coming.
When it comes to riding to and from work I'm likely to chose from my most reliable or fastest option: a Stella, a Blur, an Xciting 500. All modern. I have an embarrassment of options and none of them apply to what has turned into this recent argument.

There is no club. There is no membership list. No acceptance or denial on any defined basis.

The "club" has been defined by posts on the minnescoota website. Very accepting unless you're promoting non scooter related material.

The latest storm has grown out of an inquiry that turned in to assumption combined with accusation. Assumption is the worst of these.

Satan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:29 am  Reply with quote
Noob

HIPPY

Love, Satan

Matty
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:13 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

scootervillain wrote:

The latest storm has grown out of an inquiry that turned in to assumption combined with accusation. Assumption is the worst of these.

Did you just call Egan an Ass!

Brooke
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:16 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Matty wrote:

Did you just call Egan an Ass!

I think the punctuation you're looking for is a "?".
Kevin K
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:23 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Brooke wrote:
I <3 the interweb.

I can't tell what that is. Is it a heart? It looks more like you're teabagging someone....
-K

nate
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:55 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

First Chris' tools, now the entire internet.

Seattle changed you, man.
darth n8r
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:02 am  Reply with quote
Noob

scootervillain wrote:
There is no club. There is no membership list. No acceptance or denial on any defined basis.

The "club" has been defined by posts on the minnescoota website. Very accepting unless you're promoting non scooter related material.

Is this true?

Although I know that anyone who wants to gets on here and schedules events around town and argues with each other, I was under the assumption that there is an actuall club. Am I wrong or do the regulars still exist?
Egan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:03 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

I'd say more Irregular. As far as a "club", no. As a group, maybe.