minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  fuckity fuckers
JoeP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:26 pm  Reply with quote
Training

One tip about the motion sensor lights: they need to be installed where the effity effers can't reach 'em. When I lived Northeast "they" reached up and poked something (a screwdriver?) into the motion sensor, shorted it out, and proceded to break into my garage. This was before I ever owned a scooter, so there wasn't anyhting worth stealing in there.
dmarquis
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:48 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Thanks to all of you for your support! Things seem to have settled down in the garage, hopefully. I got a new dead bolt installed (Not really going to keep them out if they really want in) and a padlock on the garage door. Hopefully my garage is going to be enough effort to break into that they will go away....

Dave

EvilScooterKitty
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:55 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

My time in law enforcement taught me that most of the bad guys (especially the efitty efers) look for the path of least resistance. Make it tough for them and more often than not they will look elsewhere.

The motion light really does work. Make sure it's a TWO-light system and illuminates two sides of your garage. Also make sure it is far enough out of the way to not be easily disabled. When better securing the door(s) don't forget any windows in the garage. Your typical fip-up garage window takes all of about 30 seconds to get into. Double inside latches on the windows.

Harvey
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:13 pm  Reply with quote
Permit

Just read this. Man that sucks. Hope you go with the floodlights and this doesn't happen to you again. Hope they don't even try again because just finding out they tried puts one on edge. Glad you still have your scooter (s?) too.

Harv
dmarquis
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:31 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Thanks Harv and Dave, I have to get some power out to the garage first, but we do have a light on ther back porch that does light up the area, albiet not so well, but it didn't seem to faze these jerk. Well they seem to have stayed away for now. I hope it stays that way. I got the parts to put the scooter back together with, now if I only had the time...

Dave