minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  Minnescoota Pledge Drive - Second Annual
Scootianni
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:41 pm  Reply with quote
Noob

I’d like to announce the Second Annual “Pledge Week” for the Minnescoota web site!

After making a modest donation into this site’s “tip jar” last year, I learned then that this was the first donation in “… a few years now” (at that time ~ a year ago). This in spite of 243 registered users. I further learned that this site is paid for out of one person’s goodwill. Yes, all the costs come out of one person’s pocket.

That just doesn’t seem right, does it? We all benefit from this site creating a scooter “community” for us. So let’s pitch in. Kind of like public radio’s infamous pledge drives. So, here goes: “Simply put, without your pledge, Minnescoota wouldn't be here. Your support helps keep the web site you enjoy on the Internet!”

A couple of disclaimers. This wasn’t prompted by the generous person’s prodding. He doesn’t even know I am initiating this again. Also, this isn’t about “look what I did.” I gave a very modest donation. Rather, this is about us sharing the cost of this great Minnescoota web site!

To pledge, there is a link about two-thirds of the way down the following page offering two ways to contribute:

http://www.minnescoota.com/about.shtml

So, like any good pledge drive, I propose a goal of raising $250.00 by Friday, April 13, 2007. That should keep this great site “on the air” for some time, and help recoup some past costs for the person who has been underwriting this site the whole time.

Let’s do it! Thanks in advance for your participation!

Peace,

Joe

Kevin K
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:57 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

There goes my beer money for the week.

Stupid "For a good cause 'n all...."
-K

do3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:50 pm  Reply with quote
Training

Just wondering why paypal is adding a $6 shipping and handling fee on my donation? If it is just added to the donation that's cool, I just don't want to be paying paypal for no reason. They make enough money off me the way it is.

Chad