minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  Scooter accident :-(
trishie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:49 am  Reply with quote
Permit

Long-time Regulars member Ann W. had a collision with a van yesterday in downtown St. Paul. She was thrown about 25 feet from her bike. She was wearing her helmet. Details are sketchy because she doesn't remember anything & we don't have a police report yet...

She is pretty banged up. Several broken bones and lacerations, luckily no head or internal injuries. They'll know more about the extent of her injuries once she goes into surgery, probably this afternoon. She's at Regions in St. Paul.

please keep her in your thoughts....and stay safe out there!

Last edited by trishie on Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Derrick
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:13 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

I can't believe it. That sucks. Tommi and I are thinking of Ann and wishing her the best of luck for a fast recovery.

Thanks for posting Trish.
Brad
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:34 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Did Ann have the white primi?

That's to bad about the accident. I hope that everything goes well for her.

trishie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:41 pm  Reply with quote
Permit

Ann has two bikes, a pink P200 with silver flames and an ET4. She was riding the ET4.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:02 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Does she have medical insurance? If not, maybe a collection at SD might help.
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
scootervillain
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:56 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Sorry to hear about Ann's accident. She is as wonderful and nice a person as you'd want to meet. A very experienced rider, too.
WATCH OUT! Everyone is in a big ass hurry these days. Paying attention seems like such an inconvenience to many drivers.
Yesterday another customer and friend of Scooterville was rear ended coming off 94 at Broadway by a pick-up that crossed lanes. Jim Norgard started out with a Vento 50cc. Graduated to a People 150 a couple years ago and moved up to the People 250 this Spring. The impact pushed him
head on into a curb, throwing him off the scooter. The front end is folded up badly and quite certainly totaled. Jim is very fortunate to have scrapes and bruises. A helmet wearer too. It came in handy in this case. The driver
fled the scene and no license # was recorded by witnesses.
dmarquis
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:26 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

That is quit horriable. Just in the last few days I have avoided a couple of accidents myself as people were pulling away from the crub without looking for traffic. I know because I clearly saw their heads not even move an inch....they got the horn and a nasty WTF look from me. I guess they were lucky I wasn't driving a hummer and squashed them like a bug, darwin style.... Why can't people be a little more curtious? I alos see so many people gabbing on their cell phone and not paying attention to the road. I must have wittnessed a couple of near misses because of this.

I wish Ann and Jim a speedy recovery!

Quote:
stay safe out there!

Exactly! Please watch out for the other guy....

Dave
Fball #117
Derrick
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:04 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Sheesh! I better get my accident in soon! Seems like everyone is taking turns.

Bob is right. Everyone is in a big hurry and they could care less about someone else in their way. Just plain RUDE drivers not to mention wreckless. It seems almost every trip I make in my car I have to avoid a handful of potential accidents. Accidents that would be near fatal on two wheels!

People need to remember that other people use the roads. Pedestrians, bikes, motorcycles, scooters, trucks, cars, kids chasing a ball etc. Roads are public domain. The decisions you make while on the road can be a matter of life and death. I can't imagine how horrible a serious accident is. Please keep that in mind every time you are on the road.

Everyone gets rushed and life can be very hectic but try and keep cool and slow down. I try and think this through as I'm driving. Sometimes I go too fast and I have to remind myself to slow down.

Sorry (again), for the lecture.
Moses
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:24 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

I hear you on the reckless drivers, Derrick.

I have noticed on too many ocassions drivers running through solid Washington-Apple-red red lights this year. It has gotten so that I wait a good second or two and check the intersection before starting off when the light turns green. It seems to me that the 42nd North and Fremont and the Marshall and St. Anthony Parkway intersections are particularly nasty places where drivers blow through red lights. I am sure there are other, prime spots in the Cities where solid red runners make the rest of us cringe.

Moses
Yowling from the Fencepost.
Modern thoughts from a vintage brain. (...or was that the other way around?)
Matty
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:58 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Found out the other driver was at fault, turned left in front of her on W. 7th, said he didn't even see her.

JoeP
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:31 pm  Reply with quote
Training

Cellphones don't help the situation either. I was on the Hennepin Ave. bridge on Thursday going west where there are multiple signs that indicate Hennepin going down to one lane. One sign clearly state "Expect major delays," which I've neve seen before and truly caught my attention. So some idiot in a Suburban is in the left lane on a cell phone, who apparently missed the three blocks of warning signs, plows over the orange and white traffic barrel then 20 feet later decides to slam on the brakes, causing four other cars to stop while the idiot redirects attention and tries to get back into traffic. Lots of negative energy, but no injury.

I beg all cagers and scooterists to please pay attention.

J
sean
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:33 pm  Reply with quote
Noob

please pass my wishes for a fast recovery on to ann

sean
Jeff
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:31 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Hey Sean,

You coming back for the Du? Hows life treating you?

J