minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  The Rally  ~  RATTLE M' BONES --- I wuz there, man......
Mojo Willy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:31 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

And I can't rip it at all. There was sweet new energy all around and it's seemingly run entirely by the new bloods. Not one "community elder" in sight (har har, and I use that term loosely), but still, IMHO, just as cool as before, just different strokes (four strokes, in many cases, actually). Shit evolves.

The alpha males running the event were decked out in the finest threads one could ever expect to see at a rally, suits, man, the real thing and nice too,crispy white shirts, slim ties, porkpies and pointy, oh-yeah, shoes. And, ciggies, too, lots of 'em. Tats peekin' out as to be expected. Yeah. Some real time and energy went into this. They made me real proud!

I'd say about 50 scoots for the pre-nup event (it felt sort of like the GROOM'S DINNER if you know what I mean) but with that, clear indication that this entire rally will be all that. One super nice black SX 200, a real GL 160 (Georgia plates), and the nicest '66 Mustang Cushman you ever saw. Some other damn respectable vintage junk as well.

The JOLLY GNOME bar is a quite adequate place for a pre-kick-off and we took over the whole front of the parking lot achieving the DESIRED RESULT of capturing major attention by the drivers-by and the restaurant patrons. Some actually looked "Minnesota scared" (eyes straight ahead, no eye contact, walk fast, no emotion, "I'm not actually seeing you...I'm not actually seeing you....").

The bar keeps were very attentive and very amenable. When I asked mine what local brews they had on tap he actually asked me what taste I was looking for and honed the 30+ selection for me instead of saying "Yo (Dumbass!), read the (f-in) blackboard behind you". Five bucks a pop but totally worth it.

I had to bolt as the scavenger hunt began but, and I know this sounds dipshit, but it looked totally fun! I say MO POWER to the NEW BLOODS. These guys are workin' their asses off to make it work!

Mojo Willy
Kevin K
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:35 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Cool--nice post.
It was a great kick off to what I hope will be a fun-filled weekend.
The scavenger hunt was a lot of fun. And I was totally outdressed, as usual.
I really liked the Gnome. Good food, GREAT beer.
-K

Brad
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:33 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Mojo's back! Niceto hear from you again.

There was an article in the Pioneer Press about last night
http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_6644360?nclick_check=1

mopedgirl
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:38 pm  Reply with quote
Permit

Thanks to all who've worked their asses off for this. The gentelemen in charge did look damn good, and the scavenger hunt was a pulse raisingly good time, on a scooter no less!

I love this weekend.

thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

Amy Noel