minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  Parking ideas?
jrmsp
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:47 pm  Reply with quote
Noob

I work at 8th and Nicollet and have always parked under the ramp at Midwest Plaza bike parking. A couple weeks ago, they ripped out the bike parking in order to make more outdoor seating at 8th Street Grille. They put up a separate spot for scoots and a separate spot for bikes, then eliminated the scooter parking after a week and posted "no scooters" in the bike parking area. Question 1 -- can they do that? Aren't downtown sidewalks public? and 2 -- anyone have other good places nearby they might be willing to divulge? Thanks!

p.s. it's a 49.5cc MP so sidewalk parking is legal, to the best of my knowledge.
Jess
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:17 am  Reply with quote
Noob

You can park at any of the bike racks around the IDS center and for $50 a year you can park in the IDS center ramp.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:59 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I would talk to building management. The Northwest Center put up "No Scooters" signs a few months ago. I tenant asked them, and they said it was a city ordinance. The (People 50) scooterist printed out the actual statute saying 50cc and under are okay, laminated it, and attached it to her scoot.

Do you work in the building? Perhaps your boss can have more sway if it IS a building policy.
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger