minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  Classifieds  ~  Vintage Vespa and Lambretta scooter repair
Derrick
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:30 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Vintage Vespa and Lambretta scooter repair. 12 plus years experience. Reasonable rates. Located in the western suburbs. Please e-mail me for more information.

Screwtape
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:02 pm  Reply with quote
Noob

I have restored a lambretta I bought from a guy in wisconsin last year. It was rough but I have almost finished it, all original. The painting didn't come out perfect but I think it will be a show stopper, sweet pin striping and lots o chrome! The old engine was seized up but I bought a replacement off ebay and it should run. The guy said he took it out of a running bike. I put it in and it turns over but I think it needs a carborater adjustment. It backfires sometimes but just won't idle. It will pop when I push start it so I'm sure it will run. I had an electrician friend of mine go through the electrics and he said it should be fine. So, I think I just need a tune up on the engine, nothing major, that's it. And cables. I have new brake pads to install but I can't seem to get the hubs apart right. I've flushed the tank with water and added some rustproofing so that should be good. Like I said, I'm 99.9% done but just need a tune up, cables and brake pads. I'm kinda low on funds so cheaper would be better. Can you give me an estimate on that? I've spent over 1000.00 already in this beauty. I also have lots of stuff to trade like CDs, comic books, and every star trek episode ever aired on dvd (plus some lost episodes).

Oh, and my friend who is an engineering student said that I may get better handling if I welded the side panels on. After I get it running well I think that would be a good idea, then maybe a new header and new tires, the old ones hold air but are a little cracked but have plenty of tread. I can't wait to get this on the road and use it to commute. I hate to rely on friends for rides.