minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  The Rally  ~  Test run for the fast ride
Lisa
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:58 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Dan and I took a test run of the Saturday ride today. We arrived at Yarusso’s to Harley lined streets, just in time for the “Babes on Bikes” event. Somebody commented that I was the only person they’d seen on a helmet all day, a few people chuckled and pointed and one guy rushed over to take our photo, but all in all it was a very friendly crowd. I can’t say it has ever occurred to me a to ride in a bikini though…

Anyway, it was a great ride! It took us 2 hours 25 minutes from Yarusso’s to Scooterville with two stops and one minor detour (we missed the turn at Sterling). The speedy roads were a blessing today with the heat and the roads that were 50+ were all very smooth riding. We didn’t encounter much traffic except on Manning, where it took us a few minutes to get across. There was almost nobody on Hwy 61 or Warner.

Matty – There was one spot that concerned me. I’m sorry but I can’t remember the name of the street now that I’m sitting here typing (it will come to me, or I’ll find it on my map) but it was the stop between the crossing of Manning and the turn on to Stagecoach. The cross traffic has a speed limit of 50 and the traffic coming from the right looks like it is hitting the intersection blind. If somebody in a car were chatting on their cell phone the blockers might get flattened. If we do block that road, we might want to do it at the top of the hill (if it’s any better there – I didn’t check this time) or go in groups like we will at Manning. I’m assuming that we’ll take the route again w/all the blockers – perhaps the weekend before the ride? Maybe you or somebody else will have a better idea.

The route was easy to follow with the directions you sent me. It was fun with just the two of us and I think it will be a great ride with a big group. I didn’t have a good map so I’m glad the turns all worked out or I’d be wandering around a corn field right now. Thanks for putting it together!
Egan
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:28 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

If its the spot by the airport (where we cross Manning) I think going across in smaller groups and regrouping after was the best idea we came up with. That road is too big (4 lanes) and too fast 50+MPHs to block.

I was a Yarussos today too, I was wearing the tie dyed bikini and pleather chaps.
Lisa
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:18 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

That wasn't the intersection...but DUDE you were SO HOT in that pleather!
Egan
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:05 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Thanks.
Matty
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:07 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

It's the one between Manning and Stagecoach, now I remember I guess I didn't think of it since there was no traffic when we did it. We'll check it out again.