minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  Enough Of The Fucking Around!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:11 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Well, that sounds fun as well. I'm sure that Minnesota can handle two rallies.
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jeff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:38 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Yeah! A camping rally would be sweet! Lay some dates on us!
Becky W.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:40 pm  Reply with quote
Training

433 wrote:
Becky W. wrote:
I simply don't get people who INSIST upon having a rally with all this......"stuff" (marketing, sponsorship, press coverage, high costs)

"High costs"? $10 is "high"? For a weekend of fun? Good lord, if you are having trouble scraping together $10 for a weekend, you have bigger problems.

Quote:
("433" your perspective is interesting, and appreciated, but still didn't explain anything).

I was just giving my perspective. Basically, you're the only one (publically) complaining about an event that gets more and more popular, so you're waaaaay in the minority.

Thanks for pointing that out, Sherlock. I'll take it as a compliment.

The $10 "registration" fee is not the high cost I was referring to. The high costs I was referring to are the ones that Matt detailed in his post publicly and other costs the Egan detailed to me in a private message. Costs of T-shirts, patches, printing, food, bowling, etc.

And Ritchie, I didn't want to stir shit up at the Quaker meeting, I mean, rally planning meeting. I didn't want to disrupt the library-like silence or upset Nate's twins. I was there to offer my help and that was it.

I'm still waiting for someone - anyone - to explain WHY all the marketing/sponsorship/press release stuff needs to happen in order to have a rally. Plenty of you have reacted personally to my post but that's about it. (Egan and Lisa - thanks for being grown-ups about it). And if it's getting "more and more popular" why is this likely the last one? Mmmmmm.

"I think Pringles initial intention was to make tennis
balls. But on the day that the rubber was supposed to
show up, a big truckload of potatoes arrived. But
Pringles is a laid back company. They said "Fuck it.
Cut em up."
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:48 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

It doesn't "need" to happen, it just happens to be that this rally includes all that stuff. If someone wants to start a smaller rally without all the hullabaloo, go right ahead - nothing's stopping you.
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
kennylibido
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:20 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Seeing that no one is taking me up on my offer, I take it that you ADHD addled, passive-aggressive midwesterners don't need my help.

By the way, Ritchie, thanks for your kindness. I'm staying with my wife so I won't be needing to take you up on that tent in your living room.

You still owe me a beer though. In fact, so do you, Davila.
nate
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:28 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

We'd take you up on the offer for blocking or for leading the small ride, but I don't think anybody's cooked up a path for a slow ride, and I don't know if we have a volunteer to go out on Friday and help show the route- you could plan on helping out, and we'll take all of the help that's being offered.

I can't update Matt's post, or I'd put you on the list.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:12 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Nobody's going to respond until they're back from CO, and even then your offer may be missed in the flood of posts.

We're running the Afton route on Aug 6 at 11am leaving from Yarusso's, if you can hit that.
Egan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:36 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

WOW this thread is still alive?

Joe, your help would be greatly appreciated for the "smaller Displacement Ride" (slow ride will be part of the events at scooteville). Matt had an idea kicking around about haveing the rides leave together, then split and meet back at s'ville. I'm sure He'll update soon. As far as the BLAH BLAH past , future etc. let's just drop it untill after this event. I was lucky enough to go to Denver and it was so much fun, well organized, nice group, and I was trying to talk up this Scooter Du. I wish we could erase this thread its become very embarassing.

Thanks for everyone stepping up. (better late than never)
This will be a blast.