minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  Days of my smallframe
Lisa
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:27 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

He would be THRILLED to help if you actually need it.

It's really fun for me to see how much he loves fixing things.
My Pal Foot Foot
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:14 pm  Reply with quote
Permit

I have arms like an 8-12 year-old. I guess that is why it wasn't so bad for me.
Lisa
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:48 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Iíve crashed my scooter before, but never in my kitchen. I think the molding on the refrigerator will be okay eventually. I did break a deal with my son that if he got to put the fork and headset back on, I could work on some of the other stuff alone. I also convinced Laura that sheíd enjoy working on it if she gave it a chance. Seeing as she has to climb over it to get to the piano I think sheíll warm up to the idea eventually anyway, if only to get it out of her way. Sheís a good sport.

Iím not so sure about the rear brake assembly business. Since the lame dealer I bought it from wonít take returns, I need to replace some bits. Iím sitting here with my parts book, the old assembly, and the Scooterworks catalog (online) and finding that they have a handful of the ones I need. Unfortunately, itís the ones that look salvageable that they have (the big chunks). It also seems that unlike some of the other bits for this thing, thereís a pretty wide range of model years that will work. I am I right? Do any of you know if they just reassign new numbers to the old catalog parts or is the search feature there just lame? Most arenít actually pictured so itís tough to tell if they're really the right ones.

The length of time thatís elapsed since I touched this thing is really sad. I need to read through my own damn thread so that I can remember which questions Iíve already asked. LAME. At least having it warm and convenient (and in the way) might get me to take some action.

Heck, it might be ready for the next gymkhana (don't hold your breath though).
Brad
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:23 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

How big of a chunk of scooter do you have in the house, is it just the motor or the whole frame? Are we talking about the 90 that you got from Brooke?

I've got a Brooke project going also. My frame wasin the garage attic so long, my wife said "where did that come from?" when I drug it down over Christmas break. Then I quickly took it to my dad's and cleaned her side of the garage to distract her.

Sounds like your 90 is a fun project.

Lisa
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:06 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Yep, that's the one. I'm hoping that now the whole thing* is in the house that it will be more of an actual project than a pile of stuff in my garage. It's too rusty to make good furniture. The kids think it's funny that I move things from the garage into the house, so I'm allowed.

Good deal for your wife though! If I get mad about your project, will you clean my garage too?

*some assembly required.
Lisa
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:11 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

BTW, which one did you end up with?
Brad
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:52 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Lisa wrote:
BTW, which one did you end up with?

You're on your own for the garage cleaning project, I am only able to keep one woman happy at a time.

I got a large frame project as part of a trade with Brooke. I had a smallframe before and wanted to try something different. He dropped off a pile of 60-70 largeframe parts, including a super frame that has been passed around a bit, 60's engine cases, Richies old 2-port 125 motor, a headset, seat and some fenders.

I've been fiddling with the motor for the last year or so and now I mostly have the 125 GT parts are in the good cases with new bearings. I left everything stock, my goal is a Sunday feel-good driver, more Roman Holiday than Quadrophenia.

I'm having the rust fixed on the floorboards and cowl fixed right now. I think that I'll be able to get the other cowl, fork and fender from Matt and John at the swap meet. I'm also looking for a rear shock and one set of 10 x 3.5 rims

My goal is to get everything loosely put together by April. Then see if I can get it registered, tear it down and work on body work and painting. I might try to do that myself. Since it's up at the farm right now, my dad is actually getting into the project. It's nice to spend time with him.

At least that's the current plan for what I've been calling my 125 Special.