The TNR group met after the ride tonight to plan the Ride to Duluth. Decisions made include:
* It will happen the weekend of September 10-11
* It will be open to folks who can maintain at least 45 mph (if you're on a hog, you ride behind the scooters : )
* No sag, carry your own stuff and self supported. We might carry a few supplies, such as extra cables, a small tool kit and spare tires.
* The route up will probably be past Stillwater, MN 95, cross the bridge at Osceola and make a run up 35 in Wisconsin (or some other route in Wisc TBD). Back we might do a run on Highway 23 to maybe 61 or back through Wisconsin
* Most of us wanted to stay in a hotel, probably in Superior. Tom L. is checking on this (Best Western?). There is also a campground near the Zoo for anyone who is interested http://indianpointcampground.com/home.html
* We will meet Saturday morning at the Como Park coffee shop and leave at 9am.
* Activities might include a stop at Wheels and Wings in Osceola http://www.motorbooks.com/Store/CustomPage_7274.ncm , hanging out in Canal Park, a ride on Skiyline drive and a stop at Fitgers (depending on how sore our butts are).
Joined: 19 May 2005
Location: Richfield, MN
I just received my confirmation number for my reserved room at the Motel 6. I am official now. Matt, you should think about making the trek? Now, I hope the weather god's will be good to us so that we will have nice weather for this adventure.
_________________ Erik Engholm
2004 tangerine stella
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum