minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  General Scootering  ~  Pathetic P200 horn, lights and turns!
Mojo Willy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:28 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I can't figure out where my juice is going in the electrical system in my P200! I have just enough to power the headlight but no horn (well, a feeble groaning sound) and virtually no turns or taillight. Is it even possible for an old P to have lights and turns?

I put in a fully-charged new battery thinking that would solve it but it's about the same as the old worthless battery. My generator must be working becasue the battery seems to hold a charge.

What's the consensus, would a new horn unit help? How do you track down shorts? I haven't applied an ampmeter to the horn terminals but I'm thinking that would be a start.

I got stranded at the State Fair with the rain on Saturday and I had a couple of close calls going home in the dark with no horn, turns or taillight. I particularly miss having a loud horn. A wake-up-call that it's nuts to drive it this way.

Mojo Willy
Derrick
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:34 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

You must have a short somewhere. Did you check the connections at the fuse? Those tend to get cruddy. It's the in-line plastic thingy right next to the battery if you don't know.

The horn and the blinkers run directly off the battery. So, make sure the "new" battery is good.