minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  Classifieds  ~  WANTED - pipe for smallframe
some_dude
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:11 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

What I am really hoping to find is the "header" pipe section for a ET3 Banana pipe that fits a PK motor (no spigot). It looks like the lower section in this photo:

I would consider any pipe in any condition that fits a PK.

Anybody?
Derrick
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:45 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I thought SW sold that separately???

Those ET3 style smally pipes vibrate and brake apart in about 100 miles. They have very little support. I would get the original "box" style. They stay together. If you have to have a "performance" pipe, the Leo is O.K. At least you will be able to get afew more miles out of it before it falls apart.
some_dude
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:03 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Scooterworks seems clueless about this pipe (or any other) in the spigotless configuration. ASC has them but can't get one to me before the weekend & I want to get out & ride in the nice weather.

I know what you mean by lack of support. But I did get 2 1/2 seasons out of the one I have. I like it because it's sorta vintage appropriate & doesn't make obnoxious noise like the Leo, IMO.
Matty
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:08 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

If you would of bought the Sensation engine you'd have a nice new exhaust right now! I'll look and see if I have a used one...

some_dude
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:32 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Matty wrote:
If you would of bought the Sensation engine you'd have a nice new exhaust right now!

If I was smart enough to have figured out how to make the Sensation engine shift, I could figure out how to use the spigot & pipe I have fit a PK motor with DR kit.
Brooke
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:55 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

some_dude wrote:
Matty wrote:
If you would of bought the Sensation engine you'd have a nice new exhaust right now!

If I was smart enough to have figured out how to make the Sensation engine shift, I could figure out how to use the spigot & pipe I have fit a PK motor with DR kit.

The engine will take any 125 pipe but the body will only take certain kinds of exhausts. A standard PK exhaust will not fit a non-PK body (nor will a Leo that is not the snail type that ends in a box down under the swingarm). And a Non PK pipe will not fit a PK body without some cutting. A regular style smallframe pipe will fit a regular style body, except for an ET3 pipe (as pictured above) won't fit a smallframe with a battery door without some cutting. So, if you have a standard smallframe body without a battery side door, you can use any pipe other than a standard PK exhaust or the one kind of Leo Vince. Anything else should fit, though exhausts that are made to loose specifications have come from the factory "off" so they won't fit and some people can't seem to figure out how to get a polini/leo pipe on a battery side door kind of scoot and will swear it won't fit, but they're either wrong or have the wrong pipe. That's not even addressing the 50/90/100/125 spigot angle differences as I don't know how all that works out.
John B.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:14 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

A Leo pipe is not that loud that's what I run on my 100 sport. there is a extra stock part that you need to take off the top of the engine to get the leo pipe to fit as well.