minnescoota.com Forum Index
<  Events  ~  Tuesday Night Routine Ride
Kevin K
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:20 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

<But I'd rather be scooting! How was the Tuesday night Ride this week? I'll be there next week...

Fun as always. Missed ya, however. Only lowpoint was the minivan on the Mississippi Parkway driving way under the speed limit. Tool.
K
fnirt
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:17 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Kevin K wrote:
<But I'd rather be scooting! How was the Tuesday night Ride this week? I'll be there next week...

Fun as always. Missed ya, however. Only lowpoint was the minivan on the Mississippi Parkway driving way under the speed limit. Tool.
K

It wasn't the speed that was bumming me out, it was the fact that he slowed down so much for the "bump"s. You'd think a Caravan's suspension was made out of plastic. (Oh wait, it might be..)

Good ride tho.

And I think when it's a foot of snow on the ground we should still meet at Bettie's every Tuesday. They even have a calendar for that kind of thing.

Tuesday Night Ride: http://www.fnirt.com/tnr
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kevin K
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:28 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

fnirt wrote:
And I think when it's a foot of snow on the ground we should still meet at Bettie's every Tuesday. They even have a calendar for that kind of thing.

Excellent idea!
K
Tom Lindsay
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:30 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

I'll second the Betty's idea - or actually, I guess I'll third it...

So did this week's ride end up at Betty's too? Now that it's getting dark so early, it may not be a bad idea to just make the ride be from the Bandshell to Betty's. And even when the snow is flying, we should try, when possible, to ride to Betty's instead of driving...

Kevin K
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:45 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Tom Lindsay wrote:
So did this week's ride end up at Betty's too? Now that it's getting dark so early, it may not be a bad idea to just make the ride be from the Bandshell to Betty's. And even when the snow is flying, we should try, when possible, to ride to Betty's instead of driving...

Yup. Pretty much the shortened "reverse route" ending up at Betty's.
K
michelle
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:16 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

it was a great ride. starting off from the bandshell and coming around lake harriet was like riding through gold. i love the autumn sun.

and i still happened to catch air on one of the bumps... slowing down, then shiftin into 2nd gear gave me just enough juice to lift off one time. it was a blast.

just think, in 2 months, we'll look back on what could have been perceived as chilly weather last night and long for it. fall...fleeting and so glorious.
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tom Lindsay
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:11 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

Well, I'm leaving for Paris on Friday and won't be back until Oct. 17, so this is my last TNR for a while (hopefully not my last before snow flies...). I pray that Kathy lets me go - she'll be alone on childcare duty for two weeks, so I'll have to ask super nice. Hope to see a bunch of y'all tonight!

LOREMipsum
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:33 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I'm heading out for a ride right after work and may try to catch up for the first portion of the TNR. My headlight barely illuminates the butt of a firefly so I won't be hanging for the whole ride. It's kinda scary riding around at dusk and beyond...
dmarquis
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:14 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

ANyone up for a little TNR? I just got my Vietnam special headlight in tonight. I got it for 7.00 on fleabay. Holgen model. It is 2 times brighter than the stock one. Let's hope it doesn't melt the reflector at 35 watts. Oh and I will have the stock one as well incase this one burns up.

Dave
fnirt
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:29 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

I'm planning on riding. Gonna be nice and chilly! I really like stopping at Betties for coffee to warm with. But.. it really breaks up the ride. Anyone have any opinions about that?

Tuesday Night Ride: http://www.fnirt.com/tnr
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
michelle
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:34 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

I really like running it in reverse and stopping at Betty's.
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lisa
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:51 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

Your scooter has reverse? LUCKY!
michelle
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:19 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

only when i sit on it backwards! :)
dmarquis
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:17 pm  Reply with quote
Licensed

I like to also stop at Betty's as it makes a stright shot home for me and I can get home at a decent time..... At lest for the fall / winter...

Dave
dmarquis
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:02 am  Reply with quote
Licensed

To all of those people that didn't make it to the TNR last night, you missed out! Let me tell ya.... It was a nice night to go for a ride. We had 4 stellas and one twisty.

We were in deep conversation about rally names and I was holding on to the masacre theme....Well anyways, we took off and not more than 3-4 blocks Michelle masacred a squirell. It was a funny sight as Michelle sped up trying to beat the squire across the street but from my perspective right behind her, it looked like she sped up to run it over. The poor guy got really smashed under the rear wheel and came flying up about 3 feet or so behind her and landed in the gutter....

She felt really bad about it, but I couldn't help but laugh.....

So we had our first killing on the TNR....

Dave

Last edited by dmarquis on Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total